Bruno, Backlund, Hogan, Austin, Rock, Cena, Roman: rank them

Plus, who is the all time face of the company

• Total voters

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I'll have to give it to Hogan. He did it first as just a insanely popular superstar during his run.

Austin and them probably made more money for the company, but only bc Hogan laid the ground work for wwe to understand how to capitalize.

Maybe I'm too hard on Rock, but his movie career helped elevate his star status within the wwe. Yes, he was a star but it was such a short time frame while he was active.

Cena didn't break any new ground character-wise, but he was a massive merch mover and attracted kids from the world-over. He's basically the new era Hogan.

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
Deion Sanders always says the if the HOF was a house it should have levels/tiers. If the WWE was a house, the penthouse would be Austin/Rock/Hogan.

Yeah yeah respect to Bruno and Backlund and the gorund work they laid. That'll be like saying "oh even though Michael Jordan bought the NBA to another level, you still gotta give Bob Cousey the #1 spot for laying the groundwork" lmao

Dipsey Doo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
It's Hogan, then Austin second.

It's unfair to use Bruno and Backlund in comparisons since they were on top prior to WWF/E being a national company.

Cena was the flagship star during a mostly transitional period where we saw UFC rise dramatically and people changed how they consumed content.

I don't see Roman on a Hogan, Austin or even Cena level. Roman is definitely the most forced and inorganic superstar WWE has ever created. He flopped as a face for years and was lucky that COVID hit when it did and he was able to reinvent himself without influence from the crowd.

I'm not a Roman hater and he's been great in his role, but I just hate the revisionist history that being used to put him in the upper tier.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
It's Hogan, then Austin second.

It's unfair to use Bruno and Backlund in comparisons since they were on top prior to WWF/E being a national company.

Cena was the flagship star during a mostly transitional period where we saw UFC rise dramatically and people changed how they consumed content.

I don't see Roman on a Hogan, Austin or even Cena level. Roman is definitely the most forced and inorganic superstar WWE has ever created. He flopped as a face for years and was lucky that COVID hit when it did and he was able to reinvent himself without influence from the crowd.

I'm not a Roman hater and he's been great in his role, but I just hate the revisionist history that being used to put him in the upper tier.
I would've agreed until this current reign. He is really on that level especially at or above Cena.

Dipsey Doo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I would've agreed until this current reign. He is really on that level especially at or above Cena.

If Roman was a face and had the majority of the crowd behind him (or even just women and children), I would agree with putting him above Cena.

Maybe I'm just indoctrinated and I've watched WWE for to long to change my mind, but in my mind a heel can never be a FOTC.

Dylmatic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
France
Reigns is the only heel on that list. (At the time when they were the face of the company) :ehh:
Who would have thought that after years of forcing him as a bland babyface.

Metal Face

Superstar
Daps
Austin
Rock
Hoegan
Roman
Bruno
Backland
Cena

Cena dead last

his entire character during his main event run was garbage