Bruce Willis retiring due to brain disease

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
:mjcry: I legit had a dream about Bruce Willis and dude was trying so hard to talk and think, but his mind said otherwise. It was like a TMZ footage or something.

All I know is that dementia is a MOFO. MY grandfather had it and the final stages are terrible. Its like the movie The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, but without the effects and all in the mind. The poor man is regressing back to an infant stage and the only thing that you can do at that very moment is to appreciate the time, because time is almost up for them to be completely gone....

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I hate to hear it has to end this way. Of course Bruce Willis is a legend..we all grew up off his movies. I was just about to look up the Demi Moore Tales from the Crypt episodes.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
Damn... his health deteriorated fast. There was video posted a few months ago of him celebrating his birthday where he looked alright.

Dementia is terrible. My grandmother suffered from it. The last year of her life was horrible. She wouldn't know where she was, she'd wake up saying people were trying to kill her at 3 AM, and she'd bring up her mom and my grandfather and talk as if they were still alive, but both had already passed away. One of the things that would always calm her down was when I'd take her on rides in my jeep. We went up to the church that she went to most of her life and she didn't even recognize it. It was almost a relief when she finally passed away, because nobody should live through that.

A lot of his expressions in this video look like he doesnt really know the context of whats really going on.

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
:mjcry: I legit had a dream about Bruce Willis and dude was trying so hard to talk and think, but his mind said otherwise. It was like a TMZ footage or something.

All I know is that dementia is a MOFO. MY grandfather had it and the final stages are terrible. Its like the movie The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, but without the effects and all in the mind. The poor man is regressing back to an infant stage and the only thing that you can do at that very moment is to appreciate the time, because time is almost up for them to be completely gone....

when i think about aging I think about Joe Budden's song "If I Die Tomorrow"

I don't wanna live to be 80
Life's a cycle
The older you get, more you live like a baby
You could barely move, folk gotta be there for you
Diapers on, nikkas gotta take care of you
Learn shyt all over again
Skin wrinkled, ya memory gone, and you a memory gone

:sadcam:

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, this is horrible, my father passed away from this.

First noticed repeating himself, forgetfullness
Then driving issues
Agitation
Late stage it gets really bad
Can't eat on your own
Can't go to bathroom on own/diapers
Falling down when walking, holes in wall, injuring yourself
Paranoia - had to call 911 twice, second time to mental hospital, from there to VA hospital the rest of the way.

Wouldn't wish this on anybody and of course hard on the family to see somebody go thru it.

And he was 60

This is all 10000% accurate. My mother passed from this and she was roughly the same age, the decline went exactly as you described it to a tee

Last edited: