Bruce Willis retiring due to brain disease

JJ Lions

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, this is horrible, my father passed away from this.

First noticed repeating himself, forgetfullness
Then driving issues
Agitation
Late stage it gets really bad
Can't eat on your own
Can't go to bathroom on own/diapers
Falling down when walking, holes in wall, injuring yourself
Paranoia - had to call 911 twice, second time to mental hospital, from there to VA hospital the rest of the way.

Wouldn't wish this on anybody and of course hard on the family to see somebody go thru it.

And he was 60

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, this is horrible, my father passed away from this.

First noticed repeating himself, forgetfullness
Then driving issues
Agitation
Late stage it gets really bad
Can't eat on your own
Can't go to bathroom on own/diapers
Falling down when walking, holes in wall, injuring yourself
Paranoia - had to call 911 twice, second time to mental hospital, from there to VA hospital the rest of the way.

Wouldn't wish this on anybody and of course hard on the family to see somebody go thru it.

And he was 60

Sorry to hear that. I had many family members with it...I am afraid of that since it is hereditary...

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!

Damn... his health deteriorated fast. There was video posted a few months ago of him celebrating his birthday where he looked alright.

Dementia is terrible. My grandmother suffered from it. The last year of her life was horrible. She wouldn't know where she was, she'd wake up saying people were trying to kill her at 3 AM, and she'd bring up her mom and my grandfather and talk as if they were still alive, but both had already passed away. One of the things that would always calm her down was when I'd take her on rides in my jeep. We went up to the church that she went to most of her life and she didn't even recognize it. It was almost a relief when she finally passed away, because nobody should live through that.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn... his health deteriorated fast. There was video posted a few months ago of him celebrating his birthday where he looked alright.

Dementia is terrible. My grandmother suffered from it. The last year of her life was horrible. She wouldn't know where she was, she'd wake up saying people were trying to kill her at 3 AM, and she'd bring up her mom and my grandfather and talk as if they were still alive, but both had already passed away. One of the things that would always calm her down was when I'd take her on rides in my jeep. We went up to the church that she went to most of her life and she didn't even recognize it. It was almost a relief when she finally passed away, because nobody should live through that.

Grandmother dealing with it now at 87.

Goes through her angry phases now. Called the cops on my granddad about a month ago.

Last edited: