Bruce Willis retiring due to brain disease

ADP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Never loved him but always respected his lane, cant decide what to rewatch in honor of this...

Cant remember if the last boyscoutt was good or i just liked it

Anyways thanks for the memories Bruce as a 90s kid you will forever be an action hero :obama:

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
Oh my god. Bruce Willis was a MAJOR staple of my childhood. One of my idols growing up.

I liked all his movies pretty much until he went straight to dvd. All his real films however were great; and he was very good at supporting roles as well. I guess now we know why he went straight to dvd. Probably cashed out on everything he could.

great action, comedy and acting. a LEGEND. Die Hard with a VENGEANCE bruce.

Favs:

die hard 1 2 and 3
last boy scout
Fifth element
Last man standing
12 monkeys
Striking distance
Pulp fiction
Sixth sense
LOOK WHOS TALKING 1 and 2 (underrated gems i never hear about anymore)
Unbreakable
Armageddon

he had a nice run on top and made a hell of a career for himself. Stay strong bruce

Last edited:

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
While Die Hard 2 is probably the weakest of those 3, John actually did lose to the Main Villain (Col. Stewart) in a fight. It was just when he fell off the wing of the airplane that he was able to light the fuel and kill him. That's something that I admired, that you give John as a guy who got his ass kicked around but lucked out; he wasn't overpowered in skillset.

die hard 2 was fire

my favorite out the 3 :ufdup:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Since it's neurological, I am sure there is some therapeutic stuff you can do, but like all stuff... Alzheimer, Dementia, ALS... it's progressive. I am sure his more recent movies have hidden those signs, but it's just getting to a point where it's hard to work. Judi Dench's eyes have gone bad so much, she can't read scripts anymore.

With Bruce, it's speech. I am sure he could work without saying anything, but at the same time, Bruce probably said it was time to retire and not trying to hide it anymore.

Apparently in his last few movies, it's been pretty blatant. As in you can tell he's got an earpiece in for most of them, there's one where he barely talks, and another where he's barely in the movie, and nearly all his dialogue is just responding to Like Wilson with simple stuff you say to acknowledge you're listening to someone, like "Yeah". It's pretty sad, thinking about it.

prob my fave out their films

fukking called Zeus, Jesus :russ:

DO I LOOK PUERTO RICAN TO YOU?:mjlol:

With a Vengeance might be my most watched of the Doe Hard movies just for how funny it is.

"NOT JESUS, HEY. ZEUS. AS IN FATHER OF APOLLO, MY. OLYMPUS, I'LL SHOVE A LIGHTNING BILT UP YOUR ASS!?" :mjlol:

Or the bit where a swinging cable kills a henchman, and they agree for one of them to get the head, and the other get the feet, then they drag the body off walking side by side. :dead:

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
Apparently in his last few movies, it's been pretty blatant. As in you can tell he's got an earpiece in for most of them, there's one where he barely talks, and another where he's barely in the movie, and nearly all his dialogue is just responding to Like Wilson with simple stuff you say to acknowledge you're listening to someone, like "Yeah". It's pretty sad, thinking about it.

With a Vengeance might be my most watched of the Doe Hard movies just for how funny it is.

"NOT JESUS, HEY. ZEUS. AS IN FATHER OF APOLLO, MY. OLYMPUS, I'LL SHOVE A LIGHTNING BILT UP YOUR ASS!?" :mjlol:

Or the bit where a swinging cable kills a henchman, and they agree for one of them to get the head, and the other get the feet, then they drag the body off walking side by side. :dead:

Obvious a great action scene... but also a true fact about what "Fritz" says after...

At one point, during the scene where Fritz runs into the room where Hans was, Buhringer was supposed to say, “Hey, they’re using the artillery on us!” But he said, “Hey, they’re using the elderly on us!” Everyone laughed for almost ten minutes.