Brothers, these next-gen memory cards are over 200 bucks for both systems

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
Moving games back, however, will still be limited by the lower write speed of the USB drive, so I’d recommend just copying them to the Series S|X SSD, leaving them on the USB HDD too. Then, you can just delete them from the SSD when you are done and save a bunch of time.

Overall, this is great news for anyone concerned about the cost of the dedicated expansion drives and the somewhat limited storage on the Series S, especially as it as digital-only console. With the Series S expected to use around 30% less storage per game than Series X, moving games between external and internal storage is not going to be an issue for most people.

So, if you were worried that the Storage Expansion Drive was going to be an expensive and essential purchase (nearly doubling the cost of a Series S), rest assured that a regular USB 3.1 HDD will do just fine

You Don't Need The Expandable Storage For Xbox Series S|X (Yet)

Beer Drinker

Blue Moon Cappuccino Oatmeal Stout
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
You can’t install ps5 games to external anyway. Only PS4 games but yea the external is gonna be slower.

:dwillhuh:

My goofy ass needs to be paying more attention. I didn't know about this

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
:dwillhuh:

My goofy ass needs to be paying more attention. I didn't know about this

PS5 will support USB external hard drives, but it will only be able to use these drives to play PS4 games through backwards compatibility. You'll also be able to copy PS4 games directly to the PS5's built-in SSD to improve loading times. However, if you want more space to play PS5 games, you'll need another SSD. For comparison, the Xbox Series Xstorage can be expanded using proprietary memory card-esque SSD chips.
PS5 storage can be expanded with external hard drives or third-party M2 SSDs | GamesRadar+

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
I honestly don't understand why yall need an external SSD right now.

Just keep your games on cold storage on a HDD and transfer to the internal when ready to play...it'll take like 10 mins tops to transfer a game
WEAK.png

Case closed

No objections

:jawalrus:

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Definitely putting a 2tb nvme in the ps5 once the official supported list drops.