Brothers, these next-gen memory cards are over 200 bucks for both systems

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
These nikkas about to pay $299 for a "cheap console" and then $219 for a memory card that ends up being more expensive than the Series X and still worse overall :laff:

Don't be cheap, you end up paying twice.
Nobody gone do that breh. If you buying the budget console you damn sure aren’t gonna turn around and spend $200 on a memory card :stopitslime:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
We should be able to fit more than that.

As they explained it game sizes should come down because they don’t have to replicate data over the HDD anymore.

Yep. Less redundant place holder objects and textures. Smaller installs. Faster loading. Carte blanc installs for choosing between either single or mp. SSD makes storage smaller and optimized. You wouldn’t need an external ssd unless you are the type to buy every single game

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
You're going to slow down your system with that outdated tech good brother ?

I don't know what it is on the PS5 yet but I can literally take my XB1 HDD and connect it to the XSX and its on and poppin. If there is a game that I think could use the performance/loading benefit like a State of Decay, I'll move it over. Others, will be on game by game basis. RPGs almost assuredly though.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Xbox Wire: Let’s start with the size of games and how that relates to Xbox Series X|S?
Jason Ronald: A significant portion of the overall size of a game is comprised of texture data. As Xbox Series S was designed with a performance target of 1440p at 60 FPS with support for up to 120 FPS, many games will not require their highest level of 4K textures resulting in smaller game sizes overall, often up to 30% smaller on average.

Xbox Wire: Is my existing USB-based HDD/SSD with my library of games compatible with Series X|S?
Jason Ronald: Yes! It is easy as unplugging your existing external USB 3.1 HDD or SSD from your Xbox One and connecting it to your Xbox Series X | S and all your games are instantly available. You can continue to play your favorite Xbox One games, including backward-compatible Xbox 360 and original Xbox games, directly from the external hard drive.

Xbox Wire: How will the Storage Expansion Card work with Xbox Series X|S?
Jason Ronald: It’s pretty simple: just plug the Storage Expansion Card into the Storage Expansion port on the back of your Xbox Series X|S and you can use it just as you would with any external storage solution. You can choose to install games to the expansion card by default, play games directly from it, move or copy games between local and external storage, or do anything you already do today with an external hard drive. The only difference is that the expansion card is designed to match the exact performance of the internal storage of the Xbox Series X|S .

Xbox Wire: How does the Storage Expansion Card enable the use of Xbox Velocity Architecture?
Jason Ronald: The foundation of the Xbox Velocity Architecture is our custom, internal SSD delivering 2.4 GB/s of raw I/O throughput, more than 40x the throughput of Xbox One. The Seagate Expandable Storage Card was designed using the Xbox Velocity Architecture API to deliver the exact same consistent, sustained performance of our internal SSD ensuring you have the exact same gameplay experience regardless of where the game resides.

Xbox Wire: Will you be able to play games right from the Storage Expansion Card or do they need to be copied to the internal storage?
Jason Ronald: You can play directly from the Storage Expansion Card and you will have the exact same experience and performance as if the game was running from the internal SSD. Not only does this apply to games optimized for Xbox Series X|S, but also your favorite backwards compatible Xbox One, Xbox 360 and original Xbox games. When backwards compatible games are played directly from either the internal SSD or the Storage Expansion Card you will see significant improvements in load times due to the next generation performance of Xbox Series X|S.

LOmosgf.png