giphy.gif

No Homo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jigga with the Roley and the Vest
From Zach Lowe

Lowe: Top of the East can now swing superstar free agency

The Nets and Grizzlies briefly discussed a swap of Allen Crabbe -- earning $19 million next season -- and Denver's first-rounder for the Garrett Temple/JaMychal Green pairing, sources say. Memphis, facing tax concerns, instead flipped those two for Avery Bradley's semi-expiring deal -- and no picks.

Damn grizzlies..this wouldve been a great deal..its what i had in mind too :francis:

But then there's this bit of news from same article

Keep an eye on the Nets. They have caught the eye of agents representing high-profile players. They are getting ambitious -- with good reason.

:lupe:

Crack Daniels

Under New Management
Daps
Rondae and Napier have been fukking awful tonight. I once said RHJ was the most important player on the team but I’m starting to wish we traded him

At least Caris has looked great so far

No Homo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jigga with the Roley and the Vest
Rondae and Napier have been fukking awful tonight. I once said RHJ was the most important player on the team but I’m starting to wish we traded him

At least Caris has looked great so far

Rhj been awful all year. I know he's been injured but with kurucs and free agent moves i doubt he comes back.

Caris looked like he didn't miss a beat. Happy he is back. Smart move by Kenny putting him at the 1 in the dinwidde role.

Bad loss tonight but the bulls weren't missing anything. Hard to beat that

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
So I looked deeper into our cap situation this offseason, and its not looking as good as I (or any of us) thought :francis:

Nets have a ton if cap holds. If we renounce all of them except for D'Lo's, we'd be at 30 mil. However, D'Lo has basically played himself into getting the max. So subtract another 4 mil (his cap hold is 21m and the max for him would be 25m).

So that puts us at 26 mil. Not enough for another max slot :francis: Only way to free up enough is to hope we can convince someone to take on the last year of Crabbe's contract (18m). The one thing we have going for us is that we have 8-9 picks over the next 3 years. Attach a pick to Crabbe, and we may be able to find a taker

Last edited:

Cantwait

All Star
Daps
So I looked deeper into our cap situation this offseason, and its not looking as good as I (or any of us) thought :francis:

Nets have a ton if cap holds. If we renounce all of them except for D'Lo's, we'd be at 30 mil. However, D'Lo has basically played himself into getting the max. So subtract another 4 mil (his cap hold is 21m and the max for him would be 25m).

So that puts us at 26 mil. Not enough for another max sold :francis: Only way to free up enough is to hope we can convince someone to take on the last year of Crabbe's contract (18m). The one thing we have going for us is that we have 8-9 picks over the next 3 years. Attach a pick to Crabbe, and we may be able to find a taker

You don't have to increase Dlo's cap hold to 25 million because even if we give him the max we can wait until after we sign the the free agents and then go over the cap to sign him because we have his bird rights.

But yea we have to move Crabbe to free up another max. And even that would still not be enough. That would put us at around 53 million. And the max differs based on years in the league - so for 2 guys it could be anywhere between 64 million - 70 million. So we would still need to free at least another 10 million(likely harris or dinwiddie)

But the point here is we have flexibility. If we were to get two guys like Kyrie and Durant(70 million) just to use as an example then we wouldn't need to keep BOTH Dlo and Dinwiddie because you already have Kyrie. So you move one of them(likely dlo gets renounced) and you have the room. Similarly if you get say Durant and Kawhi then Joe Harris is probably gone.

Either way it's a great position to be in because as much as I don't wanna move any of these guys it would mean we're on the verge of getting 2 of the top 5 or top 10 players in the NBA. That would instantly make us a top 2 team in the NBA(especially if Durant leaves GSW.) Even if we don't get any max guy we still have roughly 25-30 million to improve our team with and then another 24 million(Crabbe+Dwill salary) free the following off season.

AJtheOne

Nets/Giants/Yankees
Daps
Reppin
N.E.W. Jerz/#TNT

So that puts us at 26 mil. Not enough for another max slot :francis: Only way to free up enough is to hope we can convince someone to take on the last year of Crabbe's contract (18m). The one thing we have going for us is that we have 8-9 picks over the next 3 years. Attach a pick to Crabbe, and we may be able to find a taker

I heard they were trying to move Crabbe & and a 1st at the deadline