Broke my damn dreamcast *Tenchi's Dreamcast blog thread*

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Was messing around with my ultrawide PC screen and stretched the DC out to 21:9...fun but wouldn't seriously play like this

image0.jpg

image1.jpg

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
a few questions for guys who fix their dreamcasts

is it easy to replace capacitors on a dreamcast. also when you replace capacitors, do you need specific type of capacitors.
i don't know jack about this stuff
i recently opened my old dreamcast and i saw that one of the capacitors is 'bloated' (don't know how else to describe it)
i'm guessing that must be the problem.the machine goes on, but never reaches the dreamcast loading screen.
the disc spins, the orange light goes on,it powers on,it makes the noises that it usually does.
any advice.

on my second dreamcast, i'm having audio problems. it plays well for a while and then starts making that white noise sound.
do you guys think that it is something internal or might it be a cable problem?
just asking

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
a few questions for guys who fix their dreamcasts

is it easy to replace capacitors on a dreamcast. also when you replace capacitors, do you need specific type of capacitors.
i don't know jack about this stuff
i recently opened my old dreamcast and i saw that one of the capacitors is 'bloated' (don't know how else to describe it)
i'm guessing that must be the problem.the machine goes on, but never reaches the dreamcast loading screen.
the disc spins, the orange light goes on,it powers on,it makes the noises that it usually does.
any advice.

on my second dreamcast, i'm having audio problems. it plays well for a while and then starts making that white noise sound.
do you guys think that it is something internal or might it be a cable problem?
just asking
If you're not good with a soldering iron, I wouldn't suggest doing it yourself. There is a chance you can make it worse or fry it. Maybe if it is isolated on the board. There are places that will replace all of them for you at once.

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
I got ten blank CD-r

Got most of the big games on DC from burning them

Grandia 2
Power Stone 1

Def gonna check those out

I am get

phantasy online
The mega man beats of rage game

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
If you're not good with a soldering iron, I wouldn't suggest doing it yourself. There is a chance you can make it worse or fry it. Maybe if it is isolated on the board. There are places that will replace all of them for you at once.
Please listen to this man @mr.africa ....

People online try their best to make things as simple as possible but soldering is legit intermediate level shyt and things can go south REAL quick with the slightest wrong move, especially dealing with the dreamcast. Get it professionally done if you can.