Bright (Will Smith, dir. David Ayer) thread

bordeaux

xxx
Daps
Reppin
God's Plan
been on the fence if i should check this out or not. lemme ask is there anyone here who disliked suicide squad but enjoyed this?

Daps
Training Day meets Lord of the Rings. Despite being pretty terribad in several scenes (I tried, but couldn't take the elf magic task force captain seriously), I couldn't help being entertained overall. Agreed on the core idea of being more appealing than the execution. I think the last urban fantasy movie I saw was Clive Barker's "Nightbreed". Movies like this are pretty rare. I'm happy that Netflix is taking risks like this. If there's to be a sequel or any kind of spin-off, I hope they improve on some common criticisms.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Training Day meets Lord of the Rings. Despite being pretty terribad in several scenes (I tried, but couldn't take the elf magic task force captain seriously), I couldn't help being entertained overall. Agreed on the core idea of being more appealing than the execution. I think the last urban fantasy movie I saw was Clive Barker's "Nightbreed". Movies like this are pretty rare. I'm happy that Netflix is taking risks like this. If there's to be a sequel or any kind of spin-off, I hope they improve on some common criticisms.
I think there is a sequel on the way, I would prefer a tv series instead though

Daps
I think there is a sequel on the way, I would prefer a tv series instead though
Yeah, I peeped the previous page and saw you quote a poster linking an article about a sequel. I like Bright enough that I'll likely check this out...unless the consensus (once it's released) is that it's a poorer film than this. Then, yeah, I'll pass

bordeaux

xxx
Daps
Reppin
God's Plan
I thought it was slightly better then suicide squad
i thought it was way better. i think people really jumped on the bandwagon w/ the hate for this film. i mean, im not the biggest lor fan, myself. but none of that element was overdone. everything took place in pretty realistic, believable world. will did his thing. pleasantly surprised.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i thought it was way better. i think people really jumped on the bandwagon w/ the hate for this film. i mean, im not the biggest lor fan, myself. but none of that element was overdone. everything took place in pretty realistic, believable world. will did his thing. pleasantly surprised.
I think it would be a great tv series on Netflix, I want more of background on the orcs and elves. The sequel won’t be enough I think

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Max Landis though. :beli:
Fun-fact for ya. In the comments at Deadline people were talking about unimpressive/garbage the screenplay was (apparently it's out on the web) and some guy said that on page one there's a character description that actually states: "His buzz cut is short". Which is so ridiculous I almost want to read the whole thing just because that can't be life.

Word is he will.
i read Landis's draft (which he probably wrote in 3 days a couple months ago, b/c he's a fukkin maniac) and it was ok. It was a good 'spin on something familiar' but I'm shocked he sold it for $3 mil. I have Ayer's re-write too, which i plan to read. I can't imagine this movie being all that amazing. Netflix is pretty reckless with their money on a lot of things
i don't know. I've liked most of the stuff I've read from him (this was ok, like i said) and he's on record plenty about how the studio system warps shyt after you sell it. He claims he's had 1 movie get made that was 100% off his initial script, and that's basically how Hollywood works. I tend to think most movies start as good scripts, but get re-written to death and have way too many opinions go into to fukk it up
I'm enjoying the movie but please fill me in on the fukkery, these men, their reputation and Hollywood shyt.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Max Landis should be dead instead of those 2 Vietnamese kids
What kids?
he's definitely not a hack. if he wasn't such a hyperactive jackass no one would think that. dude is just a whackjob. i personally dig his pitches. if i had 1% of his passion, I'd be a professional writer.
Explain please who you talking about and his background

Max.

Banned
WOAT
Daps
In the twilight zone movie

Max directed a scene where 2 kids n a lead actor got killed(foreal) in a bad stunt

A helicopter cut there heads off

A racist man gets sent back into time...as a slave...a army guy in heavy Vietnam..a jew

Sincs the actor died they changed the ending

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In the twilight zone movie

Max directed a scene where 2 kids n a lead actor got killed(foreal) in a bad stunt

A helicopter cut there heads off

A racist man gets sent back into time...as a slave...a army guy in heavy Vietnam..a jew

Sincs the actor died they changed the ending

Does anybody get arrested in this type of situation? I don’t think the guy who shot Brandon Lee got in trouble