Bright (Will Smith, dir. David Ayer) thread

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I enjoy his Youtube stuff, he's clearly very good in pitch meetings and a prolific writer

Fun-fact for ya. In the comments at Deadline people were talking about unimpressive/garbage the screenplay was (apparently it's out on the web) and some guy said that on page one there's a character description that actually states: "His buzz cut is short". Which is so ridiculous I almost want to read the whole thing just because that can't be life.

Max Landis......yeahhhhhhh I hope Ayer re-wrote that shyt, if not then :camby:

Word is he will.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Max Landis......yeahhhhhhh I hope Ayer re-wrote that shyt, if not then :camby:
i read Landis's draft (which he probably wrote in 3 days a couple months ago, b/c he's a fukkin maniac) and it was ok. It was a good 'spin on something familiar' but I'm shocked he sold it for $3 mil. I have Ayer's re-write too, which i plan to read. I can't imagine this movie being all that amazing. Netflix is pretty reckless with their money on a lot of things

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
i read Landis's draft (which he probably wrote in 3 days a couple months ago, b/c he's a fukkin maniac) and it was ok. It was a good 'spin on something familiar' but I'm shocked he sold it for $3 mil. I have Ayer's re-write too, which i plan to read. I can't imagine this movie being all that amazing. Netflix is pretty reckless with their money on a lot of things

I think Max said he got a 4.5 mill offer but took the 3 mill offer because he wanted Ayer to directed.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I think Max said he got a 4.5 mill offer but took the 3 mill offer because he wanted Ayer to directed.
the dude literally wrote it for Ayer. he wrote "for David Ayer and JRR Tolkein" on he cover page.

everyone shyts on him (b/c again, he's a fukkin maniac) but he's creative as hell, and might be the most prolific writer in the world right now. dude writes full screenplays quicker than anyone I've ever heard, and the ideas always sound interesting.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
the dude literally wrote it for Ayer. he wrote "for David Ayer and JRR Tolkein" on he cover page.

everyone shyts on him (b/c again, he's a fukkin maniac) but he's creative as hell, and might be the most prolific writer in the world right now. dude writes full screenplays quicker than anyone I've ever heard, and the ideas always sound interesting.

Maybe if he took some time, some of them would actually come out not being trash.:russ:

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps

I don't know if you know who Lexi Alexander is, she made Green Street Hooligans and a Punisher movie, but since Max called Rey from Star Wars a Mary Sue her Twitter has almost been 50% about shytting on Max :pachaha:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I don't know if you know who Lexi Alexander is, she made Green Street Hooligans and a Punisher movie, but since Max called Rey from Star Wars a Mary Sue her Twitter has almost been 50% about shytting on Max :pachaha:
that was the dumbest thing he's done. mostly bc it got people to start saying that term when you know goddamn well they never heard of it prior to him saying it

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Maybe if he took some time, some of them would actually come out not being trash.:russ:
i don't know. I've liked most of the stuff I've read from him (this was ok, like i said) and he's on record plenty about how the studio system warps shyt after you sell it. He claims he's had 1 movie get made that was 100% off his initial script, and that's basically how Hollywood works. I tend to think most movies start as good scripts, but get re-written to death and have way too many opinions go into to fukk it up

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Pass the scripts breh :mjpls:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I actually had them in drive:

Landis original
Ayer re-write

like i said, very good example of the old screenwriting adage "write something familiar but new" but i'm shocked Netflix blew their load on it.

Kinda funny he ended up writing a movie for Ayer and having Will Smith in the movie..

Especially tweeting this...and then later handed a script to him. :heh: