"BRICK CITY" THE OFFICIAL NEWARK DISCUSSION THREAD

KyokushinKarateMan

Train hard, fight easy
Daps
Reppin
U.S.
I lurk this thread occasionally just to read replies that have Newark street names in them, and I try to match the street names to lyrics that Redman referenced them in, in the past.

Carry on :whistle:

• Dap
Reactions: Mtt

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
ninja, paradizio(sp) and world paradise in irvington were my favs... so was the brown derby in elizabeth. which was the one on lyons ave? I dj'd once there, sad i thinks its a poppa johns now.
we used to walk from hillside to paradizo and world paradise, lace up the timbs and crunch through the snow.. of course had to hit up chancellor liquors first
:wow:I used to mess with this Irish/Puerto Rican stripper that used to dance at world paradise. bucket full of crazy that one, but ass was :wow:

• Dap

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Famous man from the city passed away today. Will wait for the family to announce it.
He's associated with another city, but he grew up in Newark.
Joe_Clark.jpg

REST IN PEACE to PRINCIPAL JOE CLARK

motion order

Mercenary
Daps
Reppin
Jew Jersey

The young Brothers he chained up like animals while he was in charge of the Essex County Juvenile Detention Center won't miss him. The detention center staff that he mistreated bullied and dismissed when they spoke up against his abuse of the juveniles won't miss him.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
The young Brothers he chained up like animals while he was in charge of the Essex County Juvenile Detention Center won't miss him. The detention center staff that he mistreated bullied and dismissed when they spoke up against his abuse of the juveniles won't miss him.
Perhaps you're confusing me with a younger poster.

Clark was tough on students, so it stands to reason that he was tougher on convicted youth offenders.

"Locking up prisoners", who wear handcuffs and leg shackles for court appearances?

Clark was heavy handed in his approach and left bullied disgruntled employees behind in a bunch of places. If this was a gotcha, again I'm old enough to remember the praise and criticism that Mr. Clark received.

As far as he saw it,business as usual wasn't getting it done so he shook things up a bit. Business as usual, as we've seen leads us to what has happened since he left Paterson East sideand the Youth House.

motion order

Mercenary
Daps
Reppin
Jew Jersey

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
It's about Clark, not you

It's about Clark, not you

He used over the top and abusive tactics to make a name for himself and further his career. He gave zero f-cks about the youth he was, at least on paper, suppose to be helping
Actually, the people who givezero fukks are the oneswho are there just to pik up a paycheck. I've heard of public school teachers/administrators saying that directly to students, so I'm sure that Corrections Officers say the same things to convicts.

Clark was trying to shake up that correctional facility decades ago, instead of just warehousing those kids and releasing them back to the streets, which is what the system does.

Youth House today is probably a thousand times worse than when Clark was removed, but hey, at least everybody is still getting a pay check.

motion order

Mercenary
Daps
Reppin
Jew Jersey
the ones who are there just to pik up a paycheck...
Clark was trying to shake up that correctional facility
Joe Clark's bombast and unconventional methods, does not prove that he was trying to educate, as a principal, or rehabilitate, as juvenile detention director, any more than any other employee .

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
  • Dap

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
@motion order

You're entitled to your personal views on how Mr. Clark moved. The improvements in test scores at Paterson East side are documented. The last article points to increased results at the high school housed at the Youth House when he was in charge. It mentions that other youth detention centers around the country were studying and trying to replicate what was going on there.

Despite your personal views about him, the notion that he wasn't trying to educate students anymore than other employees or than previous principal/director doesn't seem to hold up.

Article is very honest about the rules that he violated at the Youth House. Mentions his rationale for doing it, and the threat that those prisoners posed to other offenders and to corrections officers. Clark's actions there are consistent with how he operated at Eastside.

For violating the rules,ultimately Clark had to pay but there were incremental improvements in the ability of regular students to get an education in both places.

malleymal

All Star
Daps
Beef with the Mayor on social media during a pandemic and he will reach out for you brehs. Ras is just trying to keep the numbers down.
:sas2:

Look how he pointing at him. Lol

:russ:

Surf like going at Ras too. Ras is just trying to help his population.