Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
what would y'all say are the best towns for young black professionals

bloomfield ave area?
jersey city?
newark?
To live or to open business/practice in?

To live as a single person or young couple......Belleville,Nutley or the Forest Hill section of Newark.
Relatively inexpensive to rent there...and close enough to events in Newark and Montclair that cater to young professional crowd.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
What part of Bloomfield ave- Bloomfield or North Newark?

JC has some cool spots and is pretty accessible but def more red-dotted Ind.s than I personally care for.

I would recommend you look into the Ironbound as well, def a preferred commute with access to nightlife in the area and close to Penn.
Both. I may be going back to Jersey next year and I have no desire to live in far out suburb

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
To live or to open business/practice in?

To live as a single person or young couple......Belleville,Nutley or the Forest Hill section of Newark.
Relatively inexpensive to rent there...and close enough to events in Newark and Montclair that cater to young professional crowd.
I was under the impression those areas were mostly Hispanics and dagos?

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I was under the impression those areas were mostly Hispanics and dagos?

Belleville definitely, was heavily Italian and Greek. Not sure now who lives in those places but people were always able to get nice sized places for good money in those areas.

If you're a young guy without kids, and you're still running around.....there are lot of quiet decent blocks in those places to stay for decent money. Rail station around there.....Bloomfield Avenue connects you to everything.

• Dap
Reactions: Dip

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
Not from NewArk but peace to all of you. I used to catch the express bus to Penn station. My Earth at the time lived on Monmouth st.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Belleville definitely, was heavily Italian and Greek. Not sure now who lives in those places but people were always able to get nice sized places for good money in those areas.

If you're a young guy without kids, and you're still running around.....there are lot of quiet decent blocks in those places to stay for decent money. Rail station around there.....Bloomfield Avenue connects you to everything.
How about Hackensack

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
How about Hackensack

Hackensack is pretty segregated breh. Most of the black people live in the hood southern part next to Teterboro airport.

Hackensack also has no real downtown or young scene but they're now trying to build it up with new condos on River Road the past year from what I've witnessed. The only good part is the western suburb part next to Paramus. It's really more of a convenient commuter city than anything.

There are a couple I believe 2 or 3 NJ transit train stops there to Penn Station. And you can also take the 178 bus to GWB as well. Both the trains and buses should get you to the city within 30 to 45 minutes.

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: Dip

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Good. Your best bet is look from Union/Hudson all the way down to Middlesex counties. Hackensack (Bergen) and Passaic are meh and quite small, heavily Caucasian and Asian except for Paterson(Black and Hispanic) which I def don’t f/w.

As for Newark, Ironbound is the only area with a nightlife but it is heavily Portuguese. N Newark is Puerto Rican and Italian, the few Blacks are heavily clustered by Clara Maass (Stephen Crane) and a few other pjs. West, Central and South Wards are Black in Newark but no nightlife to speak of.

I like Montclair, West and South Orange, pricier but good to get around. M def has things to do at night.
I usted to live in hillside when I was young so I’m used to Portuguese

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
They were letting off at Jersey Gardens tonight I just heard

Man wounded in shooting inside N.J. mall at the end of Black Friday
Updated 10:13 PM; Posted 9:30 PM

0 shares
By Kevin Shea

kshea@njadvancemedia.com

For NJ.com

A shooting at The Mills at Jersey Gardens in Elizabeth wounded a man Friday evening during the waning hours of Black Friday.

Elizabeth Mayor Chris Bollwage said a male was shot in the wrist while in a hallway between the Tommy Hilfiger and Marshalls stores. The shooting occurred shortly after 8 p.m.

"No suspect has been apprehended and the victim is not cooperating on identifying the suspect," the mayor said in a Facebook post. "Police are reviewing camera footage. The mall has been evacuated and all shoppers are out. No one is in danger at the moment."

Elizabeth police said earlier they they were responding to two medical calls at the shopping center, commonly called Jersey Gardens mall. Police said they would have more information later in the evening.

Shoppers who posted on social media during the incident described chaotic scenes in some areas as people took cover in stores or fled the shopping center on Kapkowski Road just east of the New Jersey Turnpike.

The mayor said the center has been opened since 10 a.m. on Thanksgiving and had served 25,000 shoppers. It was scheduled to close at 10 p.m. Friday.

The mall, operated by the mall giant Simon, bills itself as New Jersey's largest outlet and value retail center with over 200 stores all under one roof. The Tommy Hilfiger store is the largest in the country, the mall's website says.

(Elizabeth, NJ) Report of Shots Fired in Mall -- Developing: The Mills at Jersey Gardens mall was evacuated after reports of shots fired. Follow here: CITIZEN APP: Shooting in New Jersey Mall. #CitizenApp #ProtectTheWorld pic.twitter.com/SIMvhwkSbX

-- Citizen New Jersey (@CitizenApp_NJ) Novem