Bret Hart shyts on modern wrestling

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
Sounds like a bytch, wahhh they’re actually hitting each other.
Jake Roberts was literally saying the same thing in a recent interview. Basically about guys purposely “hurting each other for real” nowadays

I get it…y’all see a lot of the old head complaints center on today’s gen Overdoing shyt. All of the over the top acrobatics, spamming super kicks, etc…overdoing. Going overboard with making it look real by actually, well, doing some shyt for real

I wanna hear Bret and Jake’s thoughts on today’s deathmatches. I can imagine…Gawd damn :heh:

XannyWarbucks

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, he's not wrong. Wrestling "evolved" but seeing like ten people wait for a dive all the time sucks. Seth, KSI and Paul spot was one of the better dive spots that worked because it was quick and to the point and Logan jumped at the perfect time (and didn't look at the table at all, this cac really is a wrestler), so it didn't look obvious.

Often, spots like that are too heavily choreographed. It was a pleasant surprise.

His point on people not hurting people also makes sense. You can see guys wait into a non-impact spot that doesn't make any sense. Bret's best strength was his shti always looked like it had a point and it was always executed really well. I watched Bret vs Owen the other day and it still holds up almost 30 years later. And that's just off the strength of the story of two brothers, one wanting to show up the other and the other slowly realizing he might actually lose or exert more energy than he thought, so he's becoming aggressive as the match continues. Nuance like that doesn't exist in these days.

Love Sosa

Superstar
Daps
Anyone who was a fan pre PG era will agree. Some dudes get it and some dudes don’t. I am more into the business now than I’ve been in a long time but the video game/leg slap/move spam element is OD. Dudes need to slow it down and play to the crowd more

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Jake Roberts was literally saying the same thing in a recent interview. Basically about guys purposely “hurting each other for real” nowadays

I get it…y’all see a lot of the old head complaints center on today’s gen Overdoing shyt. All of the over the top acrobatics, spamming super kicks, etc…overdoing. Going overboard with making it look real by actually, well, doing some shyt for real

I wanna hear Bret and Jake’s thoughts on today’s deathmatches. I can imagine…Gawd damn :heh:
Dont get me wrong some of their takes are valid, psychology, story telling, move spamming.

But Gunther and Sheamus hard hitting slaps. Cut it out.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Bret's my dude, but wrasslin has evolved into more than just a technical match. I bet he'd turn into a Cornette if he saw all that blow-up doll shyt. He's obviously not a fan of strong style either.:heh:
Love me some strong style. Probably my favorite style but most people aren't capable of pulling it off, especially not here in America.