brehs why the fukk does protein powder cost so much?

semtex

:)
Daps
You don't need that much man. It's usually suggest as 1g/KG aka kilogram not pound. It's just your lean body mass.

This article that someone on here schooled me with changed my whole perception of the 1g per pound as well as some fitness people on youtube.

http://bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/

"There hasn’t been any recorded advantage of consuming more than 0.64g/lb. "
That will get blown off around here. I've posted studies like that and cats here go hard for the supps industry :heh:

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
first off u shouldnt be buying any supplements at all. They are called supplements for a reason. Secondly,im 185 and barely take in 100G of protein on a good day and retained muscle and strength while cutting. So the 1g per pound bullshyt is just that. fukk protein powders breh. get your protein from egg whites and white meats. Egg whites are fast and easy to make and wont fill u up like chicken so u can get most your protein from there. Thats what i do

semtex

:)
Daps
first off u shouldnt be buying any supplements at all. They are called supplements for a reason. Secondly,im 185 and barely take in 100G of protein on a good day and retained muscle and strength while cutting. So the 1g per pound bullshyt is just that. fukk protein powders breh. get your protein from egg whites and white meats. Egg whites are fast and easy to make and wont fill u up like chicken so u can get most your protein from there. Thats what i do
Yeah eggs are a fukkin gem for protein. Cheap but ultra high quality

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Yall do know protein powders are for when you can fit in meals/ are on the go and wanr a quick snack right? Pretty sure nobody is getting all of their protein from shakes lol

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
Yall do know protein powders are for when you can fit in meals/ are on the go and wanr a quick snack right? Pretty sure nobody is getting all of their protein from shakes lol
you would be surprised.
People drink a lot of those powders.

shyt…I used to as well…would have about 4 servings a day.
I stopped cold turkey and my strength is the same :yeshrug:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
you would be surprised.
People drink a lot of those powders.

shyt…I used to as well…would have about 4 servings a day.
I stopped cold turkey and my strength is the same :yeshrug:

IMO I can understand saying most supps are junk but Protein powder is food, I just take as needed, me personally I only eat 1-2 meals a day but larger in size and may have a shake in between if needed.

hypo666

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Demand..., protein or 'brotein' is the in thing these days.... My friend works with a load of women, and despite them never going within a mile of a gym, they all drink protein shakes at work . Because of the demand on whey, this has mean those who make it have put the cost up, and the distributors have been hammered. They of course will pass the cost on to us customers.

I believe beef protein powder is cheap these days when it first came out it was extremely expensive , but theres a reason for it being cheap now ... it tastes like shyt.

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This...I spoke with a nutrition guy and he told me that all that extra protein dudes be taking just gets pissed off. Also told me it can cause damage to the kidneys....I just lift and eat

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
How come nobody tagged me in the thread.....the guy that works at a protein manufacturing facility for a living :francis:

Although I can only speak for the companies that use our proteins, I will tell you right now that that shyt is expensive as fukk before it even reaches their final packaging and formulation line

Food manufacturing is an incredibly regulated industry, and my particular company also produces infant formula in a separate section of the facility so our regulations skyrocket even higher. Regulations = cost

The raw ingredients themselves are incredibly cheap. They are waste products from other food processes. They happen to be incredibly nutritional waste products, but they are still waste products nonetheless. But once they hit our docks for processing, the costs begin to pile high. We also take a healthy profit to cope with the risk involved in food manufacturing (1 batch infected with salmonella has the potential to close the whole factory if things get out of hand).

After we take our healthy profit, it has to still go to the final packer who has another layer of risk, thus inflating the price even more. Then the nail in the coffin is that the health community is a bunch of fukking suckers who will pay whatever is charged:manny:

All of this adds up to a high final cost for a product that used to get sold as animal feed for pennies on the dollar

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
All protein powders are the same breh. Big companies try to persuasive you into buying their powder, even though it's the same dam ting. That's why I invested 20-30 dollars into Body Fortress for a reason. Hey, everyone have their own taste.

Not true at all

Whey protein may all be the same at the molecular level, but that doesn't mean that all tubs of protein powder are the same

I'm gonna drop some mind blow breaking news here.......those tubs don't just contain 100% pure whey protein

There are all kinds of additives and chemicals in them. There are also tricks that companies can use to spike their final protein reading for the nutritional label.

Whey = whey, but that doesn't mean that "24g protein" = "24g protein" from one tub to the next

BujuBoombastic

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Not true at all

Whey protein may all be the same at the molecular level, but that doesn't mean that all tubs of protein powder are the same

I'm gonna drop some mind blow breaking news here.......those tubs don't just contain 100% pure whey protein

There are all kinds of additives and chemicals in them. There are also tricks that companies can use to spike their final protein reading for the nutritional label.

Whey = whey, but that doesn't mean that "24g protein" = "24g protein" from one tub to the next

Informative. :ohhh:

I'm not too big on the whole protein supplement thing. I rather make my own protein shake.