Brehs: Stop letting women and LGBTQ dictate our reality to us

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
I'll try to keep this brief, brehs.:jawalrus:

The debate over the barbershop scene in the show Harlem over the weekend is symbolic of a larger issue.
Black men instantly recognized that the scenario played out in the scene was fugazi.
The dog whistle above it was the false narrative that Black men are inherently homophobic and misogynist.
A fake expose to say "this is what Black men are like when nobody is watching".

The writer of this scene, a Black woman named Tracy Oliver, while refusing to apologize to brehs, claims that the scene comes from the experience of a queer writer on the show.
This is the guy:

While numerous Black men and women chimed in to say that they never seen such a thing in the barbershop, I noticed that the majority of people saying that they have experienced that kind of thing were gay Black men.

Brehs, this has been an issue for awhile, unbeknownst to us.
Cacs are notorious for projecting their fear of us into these elaborate fantasies of being viciously attacked by us at the slightest provocation, even though that is not the reality.
A lot of gay brehs do the same thing.
For them, ground zero is the barbershop.
Gay brehs are so terrified of the barbershop, that they make up these scenarios in their minds about what happens in there.
They think that somehow brehs will sense that they're gay and will attack like a pack of wolves.
They absolutely believe this.

So just like cacs, who think our every move is suspicious, gay brehs go in the barbershop on high alert looking for any sign of homophobia or misogyny.
Every word or action gets overprocessed in their minds to the point that they go around spreading this false narrative about the savagery of Black men in their natural habitat.

I notice that when we debunk these false narratives with our real life experiences, women and the LGBTQ bust back claiming that we're just saving face and imply that the truth of their perception outweighs our reality. Kinda like what cacs do to Black folks.

fukk that.
Don't let anybody tell you that your life and experiences aren't real.
Our lives carry as much weight as anybody else's.
Don't be afraid to challenge the bullshyt.

Last edited:

DaHNIC82

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Off The Cuff Radio/ScrewballRadio/BudeBoyEnt
The problem is we don't have enough solid black men behind media to take on the fight. nikkahs talk all kind of shyt about Tariq, Jason Black, Rizza Islam, Boyce, Doggie, Gully and others but they always fighting against this bullshyt. Alot of the powerful voices are either faggits, CAC apologists, tethers, destructive trolls(Charleston White) or nikkas that wanna lean towards pro blackness when it benefits them(Charlamagne)

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
This is the guy:

He's really out there doing the c00n shuffle :mjlol:

NUJEpSx.gif

Crude

Superstar
Daps
That scene was over the top and specifically structured to get maximum shock value from the audience watching it.

It did not offend me because I know they are catering that show to a certain audience.

What is concerning to me is the idea that the LBGTQ audience is above criticism, reproach, or having to endure through certain discomforts.

Black folks have been dealing with shyt for centuries and now the LBGTQ crowd whose lifestyle just became more socially acceptable to the masses in the last 20 years come out and expect to not have to deal with anything. Soon as someone starts line stepping on them they want that person canceled. That isn’t how life or people work though.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm getting tired of those parties involved. Fat, overweight women with a disdain for Black men. Butch, lineman studs who are shaped like melted ice cream cones who wish they were men, and moist c00ns coming after straight Black men.

The barber shop was a great place during my formative years as young man. It was a place to vent and for us to be ourselves without judgement. We don't go in there saying misogynistic and homophobic shyt. :stopitslime:

They say Black men need therapy, well the barber shop is a place for us to get advice from other Black men, our elders and peers. Don't let these c00ns and mammies who are fighting for crumbs from white mommy and white daddy try to tarnish it!

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps
It’s too late bruh. They got the upper hand. All you can do is educate your circle of kids, nephews, cousins. Give them the game. And I’m not watching that BS anyway. I only watch live sports on tv. Too much agenda being pushed on us.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The problem is we don't have enough solid black men behind media to take on the fight. nikkahs talk all kind of shyt about Tariq, Jason Black, Rizza Islam, Boyce, Doggie, Gully and others but they always fighting against this bullshyt. Alot of the powerful voices are either faggits, CAC apologists, tethers, destructive trolls(Charleston White) or nikkas that wanna lean towards pro blackness when it benefits them(Charlamagne)

They're solid to you?

Most of them are grifters who bring as much bullshyt to the table as they claim to fight.

The barbershop scene went viral and they got called on it. Don't watch the show and let it get cancelled.

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
It’s too late bruh. They got the upper hand. All you can do is educate your circle of kids, nephews, cousins. Give them the game. And I’m not watching that BS anyway. I only watch live sports on tv. Too much agenda being pushed on us.

What kind of happy slave mentality is that, breh?