Brehs Speakerboxxx/The Love Below is truly timeless.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Wow the 10 year anniversary next month. This was an album that Outkast purist actually hated on but it grew on every Outkast fan. It was the last mega blockbuster Hip Hop album and Hip Hop last Diamond LP. It's actually 11x Platinum and the highest selling southern hip hop albums of all time and one of the highest selling group and hip hop albums ever. But outside of sales the quality was there. I thought Andre just made some beautiful music. Was his voice the greatest? No but he sung those notes and did them very well. Big Boi gave you the traditional Outkast album. I love this record and it has aged very well. Oh yea, The Love Below is better than "808's" cause Dre has a better singing voice than Ye's autotune.

What's crazy is there is stories that the label was against them dropping two solo albums and they thought it wasn't going to sell. It also made history by winning the Album of the Year award. Yes Lauryn did win it and I'm one to say "Miseducation" was still Hip Hop even though it did have strong soul and RnB influences. But at least with "Speakerboxxx" you got 100% rapping on there. So here are two of my favs from both albums. All the singles were classic, "Hey Ya, I like the way you move, Protype Ghettomuzik and Roses".

220px-Outkast-speakerboxx-lovebelow.jpg

The Love Below - 4.5 MICS
Speakerboxxxx - 4 MICS

=4.5 MICS

Wiirdo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
After seeing them live, been listening to them again heavy lately. While it has some filler, the high points are :wow:

On Speakerboxxx, Unhappy, Knowing, Reset :ohlawd:

On The Love Below, Prototype alone is :mjcry: let alone the other bangers :noah:

noumena

All Star
Daps
There is literally not one song on there that sounds dated, shyt could drop today and still sound fresh. It's crazy since the album has been out for about a decade now. Sonically this album still sounds just as new as everything that is dropping now, God knows what inspired Outkast on this but it was something celestial :wow:

:mindblown: At just this entire song

:ahh:

Two of my fav tracks

Roses is :wow: Did anyone notice Chance the Fakkit jacked the video concept?

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
Everybody need 2 quit actin hard 'n shyt..'Fore u.getcho ass whuupped!! IllSlapThefukkOutcha!!! :pachaha:

Happy Valentine's Day
Bowtie
She Lives In My Lap
Rooster
Spread
Lovhater
Church
Behold A Lady
Ghettomuzik
She's Alive
Reset
A Day In.The Life Of Benjamin Andre

noumena

All Star
Daps

my friend had a loop machine in his amp and I played the chords then the melody and he gave me the :ohhh::whoo::dwillhuh: That's the best thing I've ever heard, it's magical, how'd you write that?

I said nahh that's outkast! :smugfavre::youngsabo: Wish I wrote it though:mjcry: