Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk where I’m from / Bahston where I’m at
images shares

New sample haul…based on this planning to get:
30mL Coastal Carolina Southern Peach Tea for the summer days
Mind Games French Defense for nights

Rn I’m layering Creed Silver Mountain Water under Perry Ellis 360 Red for daily wear

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Aint this perfume

I know what you mean by this question but all spray fragrances are "perfumes".

People that aren't really knowledgeable about perfume think that: Cologne is the fragrance type for men and Perfume is the fragrance type for women. That's not what it means.

Cologne is a highly diluted type of perfume.

Perfume comes in different concentratios of oil:

The fragrance I posted is an EDP that is marketed towards women. I don't be giving a fukk whether a perfume is listed as unisex or not. If I like the scent I wear it.

Last edited:

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I know what you mean by this question but all spray fragrances are "perfumes".

People that aren't really knowledgeable about perfume think that: Cologne is the fragrance type for men and Perfume is the fragrance type for women. That's not what it means.

Cologne is a highly diluted type of perfume.

Perfume comes in different concentratios of oil:

The fragrance I posted is an EDP that is marketed towards women. I don't be giving a fukk whether a perfume is listed and unisex or not. If I like the scent I wear it.
Also since there is no regulation these brands can advertise their fragrances as an "eau de parfum" concentration but its really "eau de toilette" or vice versa. It is even more obvious now since a lot these so called "eau de parfums" are really just "eau de toilettes" especially on the designer end. Just an excuse to market an "elixer" version.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Most of the time, the differences in concentration also feature a change in the notes. If cats understand evaporation rates of different compounds....

And then there is stuff like extrait de Parfum, attar versions, and things like extreme, intense, and absolu. Some terms communicate concentration, but others are just marketing.

Unless you have the necessary chemical equipment

GC & GC/MS Systems Archives

And training, you can't really know how much juice you have to perfumer's alcohol.

AND a lot like food, they don't need to list every single ingredient if it's below a certain level.

Sonic Boom of the South

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Also since there is no regulation these brands can advertise their fragrances as an "eau de parfum" concentration but its really "eau de toilette" or vice versa. It is even more obvious now since a lot these so called "eau de parfums" are really just "eau de toilettes" especially on the designer end. Just an excuse to market an "elixer" version.
Brah the perfume industry so trash NOW compared to how it was in the past.

Before the 2000's, they literally would lie and understate the concentrations. So a lot of EDT's marketed towards men were actually EDP concentration. That's why the EDT's back then was filling the whole room when mafukkas walked in and lasted all damm day. It also was due to less restrictions on contents used too.

NOW:

It is the opposite.:scust:

Now there are EDP's that barely come off like an EDC. They got shyt labled "Elixir" that act like "EDT's".

shyt ridiculous!

Last edited:

Sonic Boom of the South

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Most of the time, the differences in concentration also feature a change in the notes. If cats understand evaporation rates of different compounds....

And then there is stuff like extrait de Parfum, attar versions, and things like extreme, intense, and absolu. Some terms communicate concentration, but others are just marketing.

Unless you have the necessary chemical equipment

GC & GC/MS Systems Archives

And training, you can't really know how much juice you have to perfumer's alcohol.

AND a lot like food, they don't need to list every single ingredient if it's below a certain level.
Just like they will use the term "Intense" for a flanker and the "intense" is weaker than the original. All they did was take out a note from the original and added a new note.:mjlol:

How the fukk is that making it "intense"?

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Brah the perfume industry so trash NOW compared to how it was in the past.

Before the 2000's, they literally would lie and understate the concentrations. So a lot of EDT's marketed towards men were actually EDP concentration. That's why the EDT's back then was filling the whole room when mafukkas walked in and lasted all damm day. It also was due to less restrictions on contents used too.

NOW:

It is the opposite.:scust:

Now there are EDP's that barely come off like an EDC. They got shyt labled "Elixir" that act like "EDT's".

shyt ridiculous!
FACTS! I was going to elaborate on that as well in my original post. Industry just scamming folks out they money now. Designers scents costing $120+ now with weak ass performance so people can spray on more just to empty the bottle quicker so they can reup on another bottle. You have to do like 7 spritz now just to get some decent performance.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Just like they will use the term "Intense" for a flanker and the "intense" is weaker than the original. All they did was take out a note from the original and added a new note.:mjlol:

How the fukk is that making it "intense"?
Please dont get me started on this flanker trend. It done made its way over to the niche market too now. Mainly with designers they be releasing a new flanker once or twice a year and it sucks. Or one of them could actually be good and they will just discontinue it. Armani, Paco Rabanne, Hugo,YSL and Jean Paul Gaultier be the main ones pulling that bullshyt.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Designers scents costing $120

What kills me is the MARKUP.

Like if cats wanted to get into making their own scents

That's 3,785 ml - 37 100 ml bottles, or in my case 757 ml decants...

Designers ain't using real oud, BUT EVEN IF THE WERE, they're buying it in the TONS.
It's an industrial operation.

How much marketing are they really doing?
The cost to send the package to Mr. Fragrance on TikTok costs more than the production costs of the perfume.

Olivier Cresp, Albert Morillas, or even Cecile Z - they not charging a million to develop a fragrance.. (not when folks like Ash from Gents Scents can get top perfumers to create scents for them)

Nope, profits over everything.

Meanwhile, UAE cats is literally running down to the refinery to get Habib to run it through the GCMS, and they're selling the same scents, with more performance and projection and longevity for PENNIES ON THE DOLLAR...

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
What kills me is the MARKUP.

Like if cats wanted to get into making their own scents

That's 3,785 ml - 37 100 ml bottles, or in my case 757 ml decants...

Designers ain't using real oud, BUT EVEN IF THE WERE, they're buying it in the TONS.
It's an industrial operation.

How much marketing are they really doing?
The cost to send the package to Mr. Fragrance on TikTok costs more than the production costs of the perfume.

Olivier Cresp, Albert Morillas, or even Cecile Z - they not charging a million to develop a fragrance.. (not when folks like Ash from Gents Scents can get top perfumers to create scents for them)

Nope, profits over everything.

Meanwhile, UAE cats is literally running down to the refinery to get Habib to run it through the GCMS, and they're selling the same scents, with more performance and projection and longevity for PENNIES ON THE DOLLAR...
I agree, the bottles cost more than the juice to manufacture. Also these brands are saving marketing money by selling new releases as flankers so they do not have to spend no money on introduction a new line. Jeremy Fragrance acting like he got albert morillas to do his scents cost big bread.

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
Maaaan got my hands on that City Rhythm- Puerto Rico 10mL sample...I just spun the block and got the 100mL. This is straight up beautiful. Smells like grilled pineapples. Ultimate summer frag and might have just moved into my top 3 of the summer. I thought Kajal-Lamar was the ultimate pineapple frag but no. This has taken the crown for me.
puertorico.jpg

I had that City Rhythm- Puerto Rico cologne, it's smells really good, but I had to send it back.

I think what they sent me was a defective bottle because everytime I sprayed it I kept hearing "I no Black, I no Black...imposible"

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
My Versace Eros the blue bottle is my favorite cologne out my collection. It smells AMAZING, I'm wearing it now. I would highly recommend my fellow cologne brehs to cop a decant so you know what I'm talking about

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Please dont get me started on this flanker trend. It done made its way over to the niche market too now. Mainly with designers they be releasing a new flanker once or twice a year and it sucks. Or one of them could actually be good and they will just discontinue it. Armani, Paco Rabanne, Hugo,YSL and Jean Paul Gaultier be the main ones pulling that bullshyt.
I was just about to say the same shyt. shyt's gotten so bad its moving into the niche market now. People are just paying for bottles now b/c the juice aint worth a damn. Ministry of Scent been putting me onto a lot of new niche houses that are worth it.