brehs lets talk cologne game

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
This bruh posting from his basement...

At least put on a proper shirt before you get on the camera!

At least we know Ash is married, lol.

Chaos is usually the poster boy for "Man, you ain't getting hoes, so why you telling me about hoes..."

But he moving forward.

Now this chick, which I believe plays for the other team, she at least presents a decent claim.
You know she's out in Germany/Austria or whatever, macking on frauleins

Man them Arabs own that Curly chic. She's out in Europe and be in Dubai heavy. I use to follow her shyt but you just see that they are all sent bottles from brands and paid to do biased reviews. I remember when Althair dropped everyone reviewed the fragrance the same week and everyone was saying how great it smelled but you couldn't really trust a word from anyone and I still don't.
Ash is goofy but like you said he's married and he brings his wife on time to time and she tells him what she hates and likes and they often disagree. He comes off more transparent about fragrances and how brands reach out to him and some blacklisted him b/c of his honesty about their fragrances.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Her content is...I'm not sure how to put it. She goes after low hanging fruit. Guys who want to look at a pretty girl. The reviews themselves are basically reading a note breakdown verbatim off Fragrantica.

She's 100% "simp" bait.

All of the big female reviewers doing cologne are selling boobs/sexuality.
  • Curly
  • Erica (Eau de Erica)
  • Monica (Monica Cioch)
  • That one Greek PAWG
What messes me up, if google a review for a fragrance I want to know more about - and it's all female perfume channels....

THIS AIN'T UNISEX....

smh.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I like Gents Scents only because he makes a lot of content.
Maybe too much content, but he's active and seems to be engaging.

I don't really agree with all of his recommendations because he's heavy into Iris notes and I'm not.
But I guess everyone is going to have their leanings.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
I think she was in Dubai, (along with Eau d'Erica and a couple other YT influencers).

She's not usually there though. A lot of her videos are in random street Europe, where she's asking chicks to do smell tests.

It's funny to me that a lot of fragrance reviewers that I come across, do 100% men's fragrances.

The algorithm rarely serves up women talking about perfume...

As for believing that X-fragrance is a lady killer - I've pulled chicks wearing Speed Stick and Ivory :mjpls:Soap.

I do find a lot of the game pretty humorous.

I don't even want to start on the Kevin Samuels rebrand. RIP
Why can't you use African black soap, my brotha?
:mjpls:

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Ash is goofy but like you said he's married and he brings his wife on time to time and she tells him what she hates and likes and they often disagree. He comes off more transparent about fragrances and how brands reach out to him and some blacklisted him b/c of his honesty about their fragrances.

I said this before, but I use fragrance youtube for news on what's coming out.

Early on, when I depended on noses and opinions, I bought some BS
  • Eros Flame
  • Eros
  • Encre Noire
  • Cremo
  • Club De Nuit Intense Man
  • Light Blue Eau Intense
  • Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme
Even good scents, they hype to high heaven - Aventus, Layton - and you just end up being let down when you get them.
If you came across them and there was no hype - you'd prolly like them more, imo.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
I like Gents Scents only because he makes a lot of content.
Maybe too much content, but he's active and seems to be engaging.

I don't really agree with all of his recommendations because he's heavy into Iris notes and I'm not.
But I guess everyone is going to have their leanings.

His recent turn to 50% clone content - he's making money off those coupon codes...

I feel some type of way about it tbh.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
She's 100% "simp" bait.

All of the big female reviewers doing cologne are selling boobs/sexuality.
  • Curly
  • Erica (Eau de Erica)
  • Monica (Monica Cioch)
  • That one Greek PAWG
What messes me up, if google a review for a fragrance I want to know more about - and it's all female perfume channels....

THIS AIN'T UNISEX....

smh.
Funny to me they do these team up videos and be dry humping each other throughout. shyt is so forced and goofy.

Her pimps making walk the track with introing her "New fragrance"

This chic too

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
His recent turn to 50% clone content - he's making money off those coupon codes...

So I have ....an admittedly irrational distrust of clone houses.

In my mind, I'd rather just pay more for the real thing if I can. I don't know if subconsciously I think they're lower quality....cheap/dangerous chemicals...or what. I just feel uncomfortable.

I know that fragrances are marked up like crazy and so price doesn't always mean better. It's just hard to change how I'm wired about it.
If a niche house is inexpensive, I think that's fine.
But clones give me this feeling of trying to cut corners to steal market share.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps

I see a LOT of respected reviewers pitching clones now (I'm not mad at them, there are some really good clones on the market). Those coupon codes + YouTube monetization are honestly a pretty decent residual revenue stream.
:ehh:

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps

Curly Scents and Curly Fragrances, lol. Both of them are bottom heavy, but not really in a good way imo.

I hate this dude's intro.

Off Topic - Speaking of UK YT'ers - they have weird tastes in music.

Mr. Smelly doing Straight Outta Compton

On the car tip - this one is cued up to 1:02

Most pop music not coming from America, sounds like it's in a time warp, like they're copying stuff from the 80's-00's.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps

In my mind, I'd rather just pay more for the real thing if I can. I don't know if subconsciously I think they're lower quality....cheap/dangerous chemicals...or what. I just feel uncomfortable.

I know that fragrances are marked up like crazy and so price doesn't always mean better. It's just hard to change how I'm wired about it.

I'm totally okay with clones. But when I see his channel turn into 3-4 clone videos per week...

Ash has talked about Louis Vuitton clones more than he ever talked about the originals.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston

I totally understand and I can respect that, which is why I try to go 5mL decants before I make the full purchase on anything.

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Acqua Di Gio
Curve
Davidoff Cool Water

Lacoste X Jeremyville
y0ihjPN.png

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps

I usually prefer originals, but there are some clone houses that make really nice fragrances. For example, somebody mentioned Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille a couple pages back. I own the OG, but the average person can't distinguish from the really good Charuto or Maison Alhambra clones.
Some clone houses (Lataffa, Armaf, & Paris Corner, for example) even make clones that outperform and outproject the original; and like I said earlier, 9 times out of 10, that woman you meet at the bar can't tell the difference, she'll just think you smell expensive.