brehs lets talk cologne game

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I have no problem with Tobacco Vanille but it's ehhhh at best IMO. I had it 3 years ago went through it and wasn't paying the mark up for a reup. Went with Charuto Vanille for $45 and never looked back.
Where can I find that one?

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
It always trips me out when the YouTubers describe a note or an expensive cologne that you KNOW they've never smelled before.

They'll be like:
"What a lovely note of ambroxan" :ahh:

"The bergamot is so fragrant" :ohlawd:

"This is such a nice gourmand" :blessed:

"This smells 90% like Bond No. 9 Lafayette Street" :noah:

"This is an exact dupe of such & such" :banderas:

The whole time, I'm watching these jokers thinking "Bih, you're 19 years old & you work at Applebee's. How do you know what ambroxan & Bond No. 9 smell like?"
:stopitslime:
There is a dusty looking dude that comes across my tiktok feed that fits this description to a T. Breh stay unboxing heat tho.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Uh yeah, this is bold.

PXL-20231229-005509421-copy.jpg

This was probably my first real atypical purchase as far as fragrances goes :ehh:

thanos-perfectlybalanced.gif

I'll tell you what won't be though, Thanos, and that's the mf reviews out in the streets for this here. If my nicca @Mr. Jack Napier is dap fishing IRL for dem compliments, lemme tell you, keep scrollin' chief cuz this ain't it:wow:.

My lady off first whiff said she didn't know how to feel about it and I said cool, cuz I feel like a boss---like a nicca ready to go snap on half the world :mjgrin:.

She came around the next day though. Saw the vision once I told her some of the notes that were throwing her for a loop:

P10520204000731_000_003.jpg

Plus there is the option to layer I guess if you don't wanna come off too "offensive" but eh. I did play around with giving it that DBZ fusion wit my Happiness OUD just cuz it seem like a match made in heaven. I would wear it on it's own too though and not give a damn. U def get a nose full of that leather note but on diff occurrences, it has like a burning wood type of thing going on as well.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Just got Aventus Creed on sale from Jomashop. This along with Ombre Leather bout to get the most play in my collection. I just wish it had better lasting power:wow:

That CDNIM is finally getting thrown out. That opening made me sick :mjlol:

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
This bruh posting from his basement...

At least put on a proper shirt before you get on the camera!

That's my issue with Ash from Gent Scents:

Ash knows his stuff, but he looks like he smells like a GameStop.

At least we know Ash is married, lol.

Chaos is usually the poster boy for "Man, you ain't getting hoes, so why you telling me about hoes..."

But he moving forward.

Now this chick, which I believe plays for the other team, she at least presents a decent claim.
You know she's out in Germany/Austria or whatever, macking on frauleins

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's my issue with Ash from Gent Scents:

Ash knows his stuff, but he looks like he smells like a GameStop.

This is off topic but you made me think about "looking the part" and in my experience there's a lot of bullshyt when it comes to the whole "business man" classy look world you see on social media.

You'll have these douchebags in fragrance and style and "manliness" videos talk about projecting a certain image and have these bespoke suits and $30,000 wristwatches and fukkin $800 Chelsea boots or some shyt. Trying to cosplay a businessman.

And I work in a corporate environment. I've been around business people. They don't wear none of this shyt. It's whatever they find at Macy's or Jos A Bank and TJ Maxx.

I'm not saying high end style doesn't exist. Yeah. Maybe if you're at some secret handshake meeting in Monaco where people are talking about how they're gonna steal all the cobalt and lithium out of Africa...yeah. They're probably wearing $10,000 suits and Patek watches and drink expensive whiskey with a fukkin Buffalo skull on their heads. Doing some creepy illuminati shyt. Yeah. I'm sure their cufflinks are awesome bro.

But everyone else is out here in a Banana Republic shirt and jeans.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Now this chick, which I believe plays for the other team, she at least presents a decent claim.
You know she's out in Germany/Austria or whatever, macking on frauleins

I think she's in Dubai, but take what she says with a grain of salt. She and Bow Tie Fragrance Guy got called out for being paid for their reviews instead of giving honest opinions.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
This is off topic but you made me think about "looking the part" and in my experience there's a lot of bullshyt when it comes to the whole "business man" classy look world you see on social media.

You'll have these douchebags in fragrance and style and "manliness" videos talk about projecting a certain image and have these bespoke suits and $30,000 wristwatches and fukkin $800 Chelsea boots or some shyt. Trying to cosplay a businessman.

And I work in a corporate environment. I've been around business people. They don't wear none of this shyt. It's whatever they find at Macy's or Jos A Bank and TJ Maxx.

I'm not saying high end style doesn't exist. Yeah. Maybe if you're at some secret handshake meeting in Monaco where people are talking about how they're gonna steal all the cobalt and lithium out of Africa...yeah. They're probably wearing $10,000 suits and Patek watches and drink expensive whiskey with a fukkin Buffalo skull on their heads. Doing some creepy illuminati shyt. Yeah. I'm sure their cufflinks are awesome bro.

But everyone else is out here in a Banana Republic shirt and jeans.

In my corporate environment, the men don't wear their wealth, even though you can look up the 10K statement and see how much they're making.

The ladies though....

Among my entrepreneur friends, they're fairly "new money".

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Curly Fragrance is out of the Netherlands, if I remember right.

At least I think so.
She claims to be bisexual but I'm pretty sure she dates women only.

Her biggest thing is standing outside in an outdoor mall and asking strangers which colognes they find sexy.

Her content is...I'm not sure how to put it. She goes after low hanging fruit. Guys who want to look at a pretty girl. The reviews themselves are basically reading a note breakdown verbatim off Fragrantica.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
I think she's in Dubai, but take what she says with a grain of salt. She and Bow Tie Fragrance Guy got called out for being paid for their reviews instead of giving honest opinions.

I think she was in Dubai, (along with Eau d'Erica and a couple other YT influencers).

She's not usually there though. A lot of her videos are in random street Europe, where she's asking chicks to do smell tests.

It's funny to me that a lot of fragrance reviewers that I come across, do 100% men's fragrances.

The algorithm rarely serves up women talking about perfume...

As for believing that X-fragrance is a lady killer - I've pulled chicks wearing Speed Stick and Ivory :mjpls:Soap.

I do find a lot of the game pretty humorous.

I don't even want to start on the Kevin Samuels rebrand. RIP