brehs lets talk cologne game

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Explain lol, I like the somebody wood.

That link, for "father figure" - the "figure" is wearing a dress shirt, vest, but also nail polish....

It's probably a woman...and Phlur is mostly (if not all) unisex fragrances - but it's still unnerving.

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America
That link, for "father figure" - the "figure" is wearing a dress shirt, vest, but also nail polish....

It's probably a woman...and Phlur is mostly (if not all) unisex fragrances - but it's still unnerving.

Yeah they’re unisex. I didn’t even pay attention to that lol I read the notes but feel you.

I got SW out of Sephora, looking at stuff. Chick recommended it.

Got the green Spicebomb and I like to smell everything so she pointed me to this and jazz club (awful).

Had a travel spray up from about March until a month ago.

Ended up returning Night vision but now I want it back lol didn’t think it performed well but the scent is great.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
I wore Kilian Straight to Heaven today for the first time and to me it don’t really have a smell. I won’t be wearing it again.
I’ll never forget reading a review on it and someone said they should have called it Straight to Hell :mjlol:

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
I thought Angel's Share is too feminine for me.

But these days, kids out here thinking there are a thousand genders so they can wear anything. Lol.
I'm glad I'm not the only one and for same reason you mentioned.
There were so many good reviews on it so I was disappointed when I tried it. I might try to find something to layer with it, otherwise I'm giving it away.

Rn.

Supporter
Daps
F_kUt6LXkAAsheN

Break these down for me coli pros

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
F_kUt6LXkAAsheN

Break these down for me coli pros

Le Labo - The Matcha - Matcha Tea - very light, not really my steez. Great for the office.

Chanel - Bleu de Chanel EDP - the 2nd best Blue fragrance imo, the first being the Parfum version. Great all around, any time of day, any time of year, any situation, fragrance - but because it works great at everything - it will never smell that special. If you only had 3 bottles of cologne, this is a good one to have. If you have more than 5, this won't be a go to. I love this joint, dearly, but only wear it 2-3 times a year.

Jo Malone - Wood Sage and Sea Salt Cologne (strength) - You're not getting what you pay for. It smells like the notes says it does, and lasts all of 15-30 minutes. Some scents, you go noseblind too. This just disappears. Price/Performance is horrible

Top Row
  1. Never heard of the 1st one - looks like something i'd see at Sephora but not at Nordstrom.
  2. I avoid cannabis notes on GP
  3. Diptyque - Popular "hipster" brand. I haven't put my nose on this one, but I'd expect a nice elegant perfume that's not great for longevity.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Speaking of flowery and powdery...

Just off a test run, this one is hittin' for both. Settles into a nice lil mild tobacco smell as it sits tho so that "soapy" vibe some people I've seen was poetic about doesn't even keep for too long before u get hit wit some other shyt. For it's price, I can see this possibly becoming a fav of mine

rsz-pxl-20231126-203051268mp-2.jpg

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Speaking of flowery and powdery...

Just off a test run, this one is hittin' for both. Settles into a nice lil mild tobacco smell as it sits tho so that "soapy" vibe some people I've seen was poetic about doesn't even keep for too long before u get hit wit some other shyt. For it's price, I can see this possibly becoming a fav of mine

rsz-pxl-20231126-203051268mp-2.jpg
This a fukking classic.

Not as good as it use to be due to reformulation but still good.

This and Green Jeans and Baby Blue jeans were my favorite Versace that I smelled and also had.

GentMan

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Been giving the FBO Wanted by Night oil some burn since it's gotten cooler. When it comes to going out this juice does the job. The blend of cinnamon, tangerine, leather, tobacco is uplifting, sweet yet masculine. It’s dark and alluring. My wife was up on me the entire night telling me how good I smelled.