brickfare

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
north north
:russ:

GATES SPENDS ENTIRE FIRST DAY BACK IN OFFICE TRYING TO INSTALL WINDOWS 8.1

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowitzreport/2014/02/gates-spends-entire-first-day-back-in-office-trying-to-install-windows-81.html

REDMOND, WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Bill Gates’s first day at work in the newly created role of technology adviser got off to a rocky start yesterday as the Microsoft founder struggled for hours to install the Windows 8.1 upgrade.

The installation hit a snag early on, sources said, when Mr. Gates repeatedly received an error message informing him that his PC ran into a problem that it could not handle and needed to restart.

After failing to install the upgrade by lunchtime, Mr. Gates summoned the new Microsoft C.E.O. Satya Nadella, who attempted to help him with the installation, but with no success.

While the two men worked behind closed doors, one source described the situation as “tense.”

“Bill is usually a pretty calm guy, so it was weird to hear some of that language coming out of his mouth,” the source said.

A Microsoft spokesman said only that Mr. Gates’s first day in his new job had been “a learning experience” and that, for the immediate future, he would go back to running Windows 7.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Just bought a new laptop that came with Windows 8. Immediately went searching for Windows 8.1 update but found out I had to update Windows 8 completely first. It was 81 essential updates. I start downloading, the shyt flips to standby mode after a minute cancelling the download (because someone at Microsoft thought that was a fukking good idea). I restart the download, now it won't download because the download got corrupted. Had to reset the shyt and restart before it could download again. It installs the updates and asks for a restart. I do so and it takes over at least three hours for Windows to close down because it's installing the 81 updates.

It restarts, I can finally download Windows 8.1 and that shyt is 3.6 Gigs, so that's another hour long download. Now it's restarting and installing that one. Pretty sure it's been close to half an hour with roughly 60% done. So I'm now clocking 6+ hours to get a fukking laptop running.

Also, how I can buy a laptop with a 1TB harddrive and it says only 481GB is left available. Oh right, because the Windows 8 start screen is cluttered with like a hundred pointless apps and games. I uninstalled the first ten pointless ones I saw and it opened up 50GB.

Needless to say I'm late as fukk, but as someone who actually sorta enjoys his Nokia Lumia, fukk Windows 8 for PC's with a passion!

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
I've been working on this new gotdamned Toshiba notebook I got today - preloaded with 8.1 - and shyt don't even wanna boot now :snoop:

EDIT: I didn't even know it was past 3am :damn: :why: :dead:

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
Ok, problem resolved :whew:

Had to go and shut down some services, but they had the toshiba on struggle status and couldn't get this bytch to start. Now I'm in business and ready to post on the coli via my couch :blessed:

LucaBrasi

West Coast Legend
Daps
Reppin
California
Avoided Macs my whole life and used Peasant Computers.. :mjlol:

Bought a MacBook Pro back in 2012 and never looked back :blessed:

Only reason why I'd understand anybody picking PC over Mac is for gaming, anything else Mac >>>>> PC

Jone2three45

Supporter
Daps
Avoided Macs my whole life and used Peasant Computers.. :mjlol:

Bought a MacBook Pro back in 2012 and never looked back :blessed:

Only reason why I'd understand anybody picking PC over Mac is for gaming, anything else Mac >>>>> PC

Same thing happened to me in 2011.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Just bought a new laptop that came with Windows 8. Immediately went searching for Windows 8.1 update but found out I had to update Windows 8 completely first. It was 81 essential updates. I start downloading, the shyt flips to standby mode after a minute cancelling the download (because someone at Microsoft thought that was a fukking good idea). I restart the download, now it won't download because the download got corrupted. Had to reset the shyt and restart before it could download again. It installs the updates and asks for a restart. I do so and it takes over at least three hours for Windows to close down because it's installing the 81 updates.

It restarts, I can finally download Windows 8.1 and that shyt is 3.6 Gigs, so that's another hour long download. Now it's restarting and installing that one. Pretty sure it's been close to half an hour with roughly 60% done. So I'm now clocking 6+ hours to get a fukking laptop running.

Also, how I can buy a laptop with a 1TB harddrive and it says only 481GB is left available. Oh right, because the Windows 8 start screen is cluttered with like a hundred pointless apps and games. I uninstalled the first ten pointless ones I saw and it opened up 50GB.

Needless to say I'm late as fukk, but as someone who actually sorta enjoys his Nokia Lumia, fukk Windows 8 for PC's with a passion!

You must have bought an HP windows laptop. Tons of bloatware. The best place to buy a windows laptop is the Windows store, as they tend to sell the signature vanilla Windows 8 PCs.

havoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Live your own life
Still on XP :win:
:mjlol:
What is Windows XP end of support?
Microsoft has provided support for Windows XP for the past 12 years. But now the time has come for us, along with our hardware and software partners, to invest our resources toward supporting more recent technologies so that we can continue to deliver great new experiences.
As a result, after April 8, 2014, technical assistance for Windows XP will no longer be available, including automatic updates that help protect your PC. Microsoft will also stop providing Microsoft Security Essentials for download on Windows XP on this date. (If you already have Microsoft Security Essentials installed, you will continue to receive anti-malware signature updates for a limited time, but this does not mean that your PC will be secure because Microsoft will no longer be providing security updates to protect your PC.)
If you continue to use Windows XP after support ends, your computer will still work but it might become more vulnerable to security risks and viruses. Also, as more software and hardware manufacturers continue to optimize for more recent versions of Windows, you can expect to encounter greater numbers of apps and devices that do not work with Windows XP.

You better jump-off the ship , playboy , and come join us on Window 7 or 8.1:smugbiden: