Breh's, I'm about to switch from windows 8 to windows 7

Regine Hunter

Captain Fupa
Supporter
Daps
Windows 8 was a poor execution. 8.1 is even worse. It's only advantage was that it was light on your hard drive.
I was given the option to add it to bootcamp.
IMO, 7 has been the most stable OS since XP, but then there's some of y'all that know computers than I do and could tell me otherwise.

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989
I personally don't like Windows 8 just because I find that apps bullshyt on a windows system is beyond stupid. I upgraded to 8.1 and haven't had any issues, but I stay the hell away from Windows mode. Who thought of that shyt!!?

2pac_Westside

SOHH Vet - est. 2002
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
I don't like Windows 8...lol I really don't. I upgraded to 8.1 a few days ago and it's bearable. But damn that windows app mode is dumb as hell. Keep it simple. I use outdated Windows XP at work and when I get home I play around with Windows 8, but when I get tired of it I just jump back on my mac.

yea i see myself going back to mac eventually, i only came to windows because i use excel a lot and it runs a lot better than on mac, i would like my current pc to last me another year i think switching to windows 7 is the best way

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989
yea i see myself going back to mac eventually, i only came to windows because i use excel a lot and it runs a lot better than on mac, i would like my current pc to last me another year i think switching to windows 7 is the best way

I've had my mac for four years now and just replaced the hard drive last Christmas for 110 dollars. I'm satisfied with it. I don't use excel or anything work related with it, it's just my internet and movie machine. lol. But it is breaking records for computer I have had the longest. I've gone through and still have three work PCs. And so I went an bought a cheap new laptop thinking I may want to have a new PC because XP is going to get phased out....WRONG WRONG...lol Windows 8 is terrible. lol

2pac_Westside

SOHH Vet - est. 2002
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
I've had my mac for four years now and just replaced the hard drive last Christmas for 110 dollars. I'm satisfied with it. I don't use excel or anything work related with it, it's just my internet and movie machine. lol. But it is breaking records for computer I have had the longest. I've gone through and still have three work PCs. And so I went an bought a cheap new laptop thinking I may want to have a new PC because XP is going to get phased out....WRONG WRONG...lol Windows 8 is terrible. lol
word, man mac's have a great resale value..i bought my macbook pro back in 09' for $950, sold it in January of 13' for $675..it was completely outdated too, still had an duo core 2
:obama:

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
I'm on 8.1 and I have no problems with it... :yeshrug:

Granted I've been using classic shell and I haven't seen the metro interface in forever, hell... I forget it's even there until threads like this pop up.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Bought my wife a lap top that had windows 8,

looked at that shyt like :dwillhuh:

gave it the :rudy:

and through that shyt in the bushes :camby:

Windows 7 :blessed:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Lack of start menu, I hate the start up screen.. I have used 3rd party apps for a start menu and to remove the start up screen but now my computer just goes mad slow... webpages don't load all the way, I have to refresh multiple times to get a page to load, my laptop overall just runs very slow..

I'm not 100% sure that Windows 8 is the reason for the slow comp, but I've never had any problems with Windows 7

any tests I should run that would reveal other problems why my comp might be running slow? anybody know why my webpages don't load all the way unless i refresh multiple times?
why would you need the start menu? anything you need to get to in Windows 8 or above you hit the Windows key and start typing and within less than 3 keystrokes its usually on your screen. if i need to get to the control panel i hit windows key then type "co" and its brought up for me to click on.

people are irrationally attached to the start menu / button. its inefficient in the first place just a rats nest of file trees. on windows 8.1 i boot straight to the desktop and the only metro app i use is the email one. i seldom ever see the start screen.

OH SOHH TRILL

Trill OG
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Screwston
why would you need the start menu? anything you need to get to in Windows 8 or above you hit the Windows key and start typing and within less than 3 keystrokes its usually on your screen. if i need to get to the control panel i hit windows key then type "co" and its brought up for me to click on.

people are irrationally attached to the start menu / button. its inefficient in the first place just a rats nest of file trees. on windows 8.1 i boot straight to the desktop and the only metro app i use is the email one. i seldom ever see the start screen.

Aint-Nobody-Got-Time-for-That.gif