Breh's, I'm about to switch from windows 8 to windows 7

2pac_Westside

SOHH Vet - est. 2002
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
What don't you like about it?

Lack of start menu, I hate the start up screen.. I have used 3rd party apps for a start menu and to remove the start up screen but now my computer just goes mad slow... webpages don't load all the way, I have to refresh multiple times to get a page to load, my laptop overall just runs very slow..

I'm not 100% sure that Windows 8 is the reason for the slow comp, but I've never had any problems with Windows 7

any tests I should run that would reveal other problems why my comp might be running slow? anybody know why my webpages don't load all the way unless i refresh multiple times?

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Lack of start menu, I hate the start up screen.. I have used 3rd party apps for a start menu and to remove the start up screen but now my computer just goes mad slow... webpages don't load all the way, I have to refresh multiple times to get a page to load, my laptop overall just runs very slow..

I'm not 100% sure that Windows 8 is the reason for the slow comp, but I've never had any problems with Windows 7

any tests I should run that would reveal other problems why my comp might be running slow? anybody know why my webpages don't load all the way unless i refresh multiple times?

Yeah I hated the lack of start up menu so I downloaded this program called Classic Shell http://www.classicshell.net/

It is free and I have a start button. You can still get that windows app screen by pressing the "windows" button. I don't know how else to describe it, it is a button with four squares usually near the space bar.

Anyway the above program, doesn't have spyware, and it is free. Hope that helps.

2pac_Westside

SOHH Vet - est. 2002
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Yeah I hated the lack of start up menu so I downloaded this program called Classic Shell http://www.classicshell.net/

It is free and I have a start button. You can still get that windows app screen by pressing the "windows" button. I don't know how else to describe it, it is a button with four squares usually near the space bar.

Anyway the above program, doesn't have spyware, and it is free. Hope that helps.

yea i have classic shell, the main problem now is my computer is just mad slow..i haven't even had it for a year yet... ill take some recommendations in this thread and run a cleaner

FcKuPaYmE

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
haha, na i'm debating whether i should get it from torrents or buy a legit copy :yeshrug:

I got it from torrents about 2 years ago and burned it on a dvd to use whenever I want. I also got a activator to activate windows 7 when I install it.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I can't take windows 8 anymore, this shyt is a joke, can't believe Microsoft thought it was a good idea..anybody else done this switch?

You're not alone:
HP brings back Windows 7 'by popular demand'
By Tom Warren on January 20, 2014 08:26 am

vergestock4_640_large_verge_medium_landscape.jpg

HP really wants people to buy a Windows 7 PC instead of a Windows 8 machine. The PC maker has been emailing customers over the weekend noting that "Windows 7 is back." A new promotion, designed to entice people to select Windows 7 over Windows 8 with $150 of "savings," has launched on HP’s website with a "back by popular demand" slogan. The move is clearly designed to position Windows 7 over Microsoft’s touch-centric Windows 8 operating system.

In fact, if you browse to HP’s home sectionand navigate to desktop PCs then you’ll only be presented with Windows 7 machines by default as no Windows 8 PCs are listed until you start customizing the section using optional filters. The laptop section does include Windows 8 machines, but it also prominently advertises a Windows 7 laptop. Even HP’s all-in-one section promotes the company’s 21-inch Android-powered PC over Windows 8 alternatives.

hpbackwindows560px.jpg

HP’s "back by popular demand" wording is a clear knock towards Windows 8 which has struggled with perception issues thanks to what some see as a confusing mix of desktop and tablet-style computing. Microsoft has tweaked some parts of the OS with Windows 8.1, but it looks like Windows 9 will bring more significant changes and a move away from the Windows 8 branding. In the mean time, HP is the first PC maker to take advantage of Windows 7 as a selling point over Windows 8, and it follows similar moves from OEMs who chose to promote Windows XP over Windows Vista years ago.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/20/5326844/hp-brings-back-windows-7-by-popular-demand