BREHS: HOW IMPORTANT IS CALORIE COUNTING?

hoodheronova

All Star
Daps
Ok cool

I do heavy cardiovascular though cause I'm tryna lose weight within 5 months
i ain't figure you were tryna lose weight. You still don't need to count calories. Your only food from now on are vegetables and plain chicken. You eat 3 times a day of the same shyt with only water. You get 1 cheat day/wk. For exercise you run pick up basketball games 2-3x a week, and cardio for 1-2hr every other day on the stair master. Only weigh yourself when you wake up. Check back with me in 3 months. You will have lost at least 20lbs minimum

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ok cool

I do heavy cardiovascular though cause I'm tryna lose weight within 5 months
So if you're trying to lose weight, and you can't eat that much, what's the problem? Isn't that a good thing? Shouldn't it be a problem f you're trying to gain weight?

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
i ain't figure you were tryna lose weight. You still don't need to count calories. Your only food from now on are vegetables and plain chicken. You eat 3 times a day of the same shyt with only water. You get 1 cheat day/wk. For exercise you run pick up basketball games 2-3x a week, and cardio for 1-2hr every other day on the stair master. Only weigh yourself when you wake up. Check back with me in 3 months. You will have lost at least 20lbs minimum
Thanks breh

I'm going hard

Wedding in October and I'm 27 and want to be healthy and fit going into my 30s and when I have kids.

I've been doing 45 to 60 minutes of cardio 4 days per week.

And I've been doing HIIT CARDIO so I'm always drenched

I eat

Plain oatmeal and boiled eggs for breakfast sometimes I get turkey bacon with it.

Turkey sandwich for lunch

Plain chicken and veggies for dinner

32 ounces of water with each meal

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can't eat that much per day :damn:

I love the gym and I can eat healthy with no problem but how am I supposed to eat 2900 calories a day? :damn:

It's very important, unless you have teenage metabolism or you're really active all the time.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What if i don't eat that much though?
I don't ever go over that I don't think

Considering your activity level, you'll loose weight, but also lose muscle mass (if you're been trying to build up) if with your calorie count you're not considering calories burned through activity.

It really depends on what you're trying to accomplish breh:yeshrug:

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
I just want to lose weight

And only eat a shetty meal once or twice a week
Considering your activity level, you'll loose weight, but also lose muscle mass (if you're been trying to build up) if with your calorie count you're not considering calories burned through activity.

It really depends on what you're trying to accomplish breh:yeshrug:

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
Counting calories is vital. It is absolutely the most important part of any regimen, imo.

Diet will always > exercise, whether your goal is to gain muscle or lose fat. This is an undisputed fact. And with that said, making sure you adhere to that diet is critical. If you're trying to lose weight, chances are you will overestimate your intake of macros. If you're trying to gain weight, you will underestimate. With MyFitnessPal and a cheap scale, there is zero reason not to monitor your calories and macros. It's a no-brainer, and anyone who is serious about fitness would tell you the same.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Its good to do just to understand how much calories matter. You dont understand how much your calorie intake affects your body/appearance until you actually sit back and do the counting see the results.

Once you actually understand how much you need to do, take in and burn to lose, gain and maintain then counting isn't as important.

I suggest counting if your trying to hit a goal as well, and if you plan on keeping it going you can stop counting and just wing it once you really understand that 200 calories for a candy bar is alot of what you want to take in for the day and stuff like that.