Brehettes how does his image make you feel?

PlainSight

Anon
Daps
Reppin
UK
Why can't we have both?

Someone who excites you, but that you can let your guard down around and let yourself be vulnerable because you feel safe. That's my husband. I actually feel safe and secure around him, and that's been from jump. I'm also just really really attracted to him it makes me feel like a school girl.
There's always a requisite balance we seek in most things - especially relationships. So most people will require some variance of both.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Men and women love differently. That is why it makes sense. Just because it is advised to choose a man who loves you more, it doesn't mean that you don't love him. It doesn't mean that you aren't attracted to him. It doesn't mean that you are settling (and I think that word is over used). No one is advising that you wear a big sign that says "my husband loves me more" nor is it advised to be a topic of discussion between you and the gentleman.

I love my husband very much. But he loves me just a little bit more. No one is taking a love temperature each day or weighing love on the scale and posting the results. It is what it is.

If he didn't love me just a little bit more, then on those days when I am emotional and sharped tongued, he might respond in a stupid manner. Instead, he is able to diffuse the situation instead of making it worse. I will forever respect him for that. If he didn't love me a little bit more, then when times have gotten tough, he might have been inclined to dip instead of making sure I KNEW he wasn't going anywhere.

If he didn't love me just a little bit more, pregnancy and post partum would have been a lot more difficult due to the fact that my personality completely changed. If he didn't love me just a little bit more, I probably wouldn't be interested in him because I expect to be treated a certain way. If he didn't love me a little bit more, he probably wouldn't be interested in me as I recall him saying about the one before me, "she was just way too into me and I wasn't feeling her like that."

None of this has anything to do with the fact that I love my husband very much, I admire him, and he is the greatest person in the world.
Man that nikka a sucker. If you not measuring it everyday and its that obvious my man on simping boulevard but hey as long as it works for you fukk it.

Queen

CEO of #GPB
Daps
Reppin
Truth and logic
Man that nikka a sucker. If you not measuring it everyday and its that obvious my man on simping boulevard but hey as long as it works for you fukk it.

Why would we be measuring who loves each other more on a daily basis? How would it benefit us to keep a running tally and checklist of who has done what as far as romance goes? We do not compare our love meters. However, I have noticed that he has more patience for me than I would have for him if certain things were reversed.

My husband is not a sucker. He is a hard working, intelligent, fascinating and patient man who will forever have my love, respect, and loyalty.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Why would we be measuring who loves each other more on a daily basis? How would it benefit us to keep a running tally and checklist of who has done what as far as romance goes? We do not compare our love meters. However, I have noticed that he has more patience for me than I would have for him if certain things were reversed.

My husband is not a sucker. He is a hard working, intelligent, fascinating and patient man who will forever have my love, respect, and loyalty.
You shouldn't be measuring it but if its that obvious without measuring it dudes a sucker I'm sorry esp after the other stuff mentioned later. You proved my point in the next damn sentence. If he has more patience for you than you would and he knows it he's a sucker simple and plain and honestly reading some of the stuff he definitely a different dude than me.

Of course he not a sucker to you that would look bad for the image that you married a sucker but how you portrayed him most would say ole boy a sucker. Well I should say other guys because girls(a lot of us guys too) like to cape up for each other and not keep it real most of the time on stuff like this.

Queen

CEO of #GPB
Daps
Reppin
Truth and logic
You shouldn't be measuring it but if its that obvious without measuring it dudes a sucker I'm sorry esp after the other stuff mentioned later. You proved my point in the next damn sentence. If he has more patience for you than you would and he knows it he's a sucker simple and plain and honestly reading some of the stuff he definitely a different dude than me.

Of course he not a sucker to you that would look bad for the image that you married a sucker but how you portrayed him most would say ole boy a sucker. Well I should say other guys because girls(a lot of us guys too) like to cape up for each other and not keep it real most of the time on stuff like this.

That's a pretty illogical conclusion to jump to.

Few people in relationships have the exact same qualities at the exact same levels. He happens to have a great deal more patience than I do when dealing with certain things. That is not a negative on his part. Only a fool would turn a positive quality into an insult. Only a fool would criticize a man for loving his wife and building a stable family.

The fact remains that my lack of patience does not reflect poorly upon him, it reflects poorly upon me. It is a flaw that I need to address within myself. I would have never realized how much patience I lack if I would not have encountered someone with so much of it. He has set an example for me, and encouraged me to be more like him in that area.

Back to the subject at hand, if he didn't love me with that little bit of extra, it wouldn't have worked out that way. He would have responded in an unloving manner to certain things or he would have just walked away without trying to get a deeper understanding of who I am.

That's why the topic of this thread rings true. Men need to love women just a tiny bit more or it will be really easy for them to mentally check out or physically walk away.

Action Mike

All praise..
Daps
Men and women love differently. That is why it makes sense. Just because it is advised to choose a man who loves you more, it doesn't mean that you don't love him. It doesn't mean that you aren't attracted to him. It doesn't mean that you are settling (and I think that word is over used). No one is advising that you wear a big sign that says "my husband loves me more" nor is it advised to be a topic of discussion between you and the gentleman.

I love my husband very much. But he loves me just a little bit more. No one is taking a love temperature each day or weighing love on the scale and posting the results. It is what it is.

If he didn't love me just a little bit more, then on those days when I am emotional and sharped tongued, he might respond in a stupid manner. Instead, he is able to diffuse the situation instead of making it worse. I will forever respect him for that. If he didn't love me a little bit more, then when times have gotten tough, he might have been inclined to dip instead of making sure I KNEW he wasn't going anywhere.

If he didn't love me just a little bit more, pregnancy and post partum would have been a lot more difficult due to the fact that my personality completely changed. If he didn't love me just a little bit more, I probably wouldn't be interested in him because I expect to be treated a certain way. If he didn't love me a little bit more, he probably wouldn't be interested in me as I recall him saying about the one before me, "she was just way too into me and I wasn't feeling her like that."

None of this has anything to do with the fact that I love my husband very much, I admire him, and he is the greatest person in the world.

Reading this from the outside. You love that man more. And that's how' it's supposed to be.

For a healthy relationship, the man is an oak tree were his woman takes shade. Through the winter and summers of a woman's emotions, oak tree still stands protecting her from herself.

BezO

Highbrow
Daps
Reppin
NYC -> DC
This will make sense when someone figures out how to measure love. Until then, good luck knowin' how much someone loves you and why they do what they do.

How are you measurin' your love vs his?

The way he responds when you're emotional & disrespectful may say more about his personality than it does love. Is this not bein' mild mannered, calm, understandin', mature, experienced, observant, etc.?

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
That's a pretty illogical conclusion to jump to.

Few people in relationships have the exact same qualities at the exact same levels. He happens to have a great deal more patience than I do when dealing with certain things. That is not a negative on his part. Only a fool would turn a positive quality into an insult. Only a fool would criticize a man for loving his wife and building a stable family.

The fact remains that my lack of patience does not reflect poorly upon him, it reflects poorly upon me. It is a flaw that I need to address within myself. I would have never realized how much patience I lack if I would not have encountered someone with so much of it. He has set an example for me, and encouraged me to be more like him in that area.

Back to the subject at hand, if he didn't love me with that little bit of extra, it wouldn't have worked out that way. He would have responded in an unloving manner to certain things or he would have just walked away without trying to get a deeper understanding of who I am.

That's why the topic of this thread rings true. Men need to love women just a tiny bit more or it will be really easy for them to mentally check out or physically walk away.
Its not illogical its just you disagree so of course you would make it seem bad. Of course you don't have the same qualities at the same exact level. Nobody said you had to. I'm pretty sure I said if you can tell that clearly without measuring something its pretty obvious dude into sucker behavior but like somebody else maybe dude just about that super calm life. That to me usually is the life of suckers because that stuff extends in almost everything they do. I'm calm too to a point but the things he allows you to do wouldn't work for a lot of dudes I run I to that's all.

You can throw your little insults and call me a fool doesn't change anything and being a sucker isn't cool and I never criticized dude for loving you and said if it works for y'all cool in the first reply back so stop the bullshyt for sympathy. At least keep it real son no need to do like a 5yr old and add extras on top of whats been said.

The fact remains it reflects bad on both of you period. You for being that way and him and the others before him allowing it. You must been dating suckers for a hot minute. Most guys hell people only going to be with somebody on that vibe towards them but only so long unless they are desperate for companionship or suckers sorry. Nobody wants people tripping on them hell even you yourself said if somebody did it towards you you'd react differently but I'm wrong? Ok. He should have walked away not did you no harm cause most times when people go unchecked and or they get a certain age they aren't changing. That's my point but apparently dude wants to be a puppy dog since his last girl was liking him and he didn't like it. Being the submissive one seems to fit him better but like I said originally I don't agree with dudes ways of doing business but if it works for y'all great.

Queen

CEO of #GPB
Daps
Reppin
Truth and logic
This will make sense when someone figures out how to measure love. Until then, good luck knowin' how much someone loves you and why they do what they do.
How are you measurin' your love vs his?

The way he responds when you're emotional & disrespectful may say more about his personality than it does love. Is this not bein' mild mannered, calm, understandin', mature, experienced, observant, etc.?

I don't know why this topic is so hard for some to accept, lol. My husband would move heaven and earth for me without one complaint, and that's that. He has proven it time and time again. There are many examples where people would say that it is crazy as hell that 1. I asked a particular thing of him and 2. That he actually made it happen and didn't even complain about it.

But that is what I need. I couldn't be happy with someone who wasn't able to provide that sort of treatment.

Yes, he is a nice guy but that doesn't mean that he is anywhere close to being that accommodating, patient, and polite to other people.

Queen

CEO of #GPB
Daps
Reppin
Truth and logic
Its not illogical its just you disagree so of course you would make it seem bad. Of course you don't have the same qualities at the same exact level. Nobody said you had to. I'm pretty sure I said if you can tell that clearly without measuring something its pretty obvious dude into sucker behavior but like somebody else maybe dude just about that super calm life. That to me usually is the life of suckers because that stuff extends in almost everything they do. I'm calm too to a point but the things he allows you to do wouldn't work for a lot of dudes I run I to that's all.

You can throw your little insults and call me a fool doesn't change anything and being a sucker isn't cool and I never criticized dude for loving you and said if it works for y'all cool in the first reply back so stop the bullshyt for sympathy. At least keep it real son no need to do like a 5yr old and add extras on top of whats been said.

The fact remains it reflects bad on both of you period. You for being that way and him and the others before him allowing it. You must been dating suckers for a hot minute. Most guys hell people only going to be with somebody on that vibe towards them but only so long unless they are desperate for companionship or suckers sorry. Nobody wants people tripping on them hell even you yourself said if somebody did it towards you you'd react differently but I'm wrong? Ok. He should have walked away not did you no harm cause most times when people go unchecked and or they get a certain age they aren't changing. That's my point but apparently dude wants to be a puppy dog since his last girl was liking him and he didn't like it. Being the submissive one seems to fit him better but like I said originally I don't agree with dudes ways of doing business but if it works for y'all great.

Yes it is very illogical to conclude that because life happens, that it automatically means that I constantly trip out on him and this is some sort of hostile situation. It is very illogical to conclude that there is any sort of negative vibe between us, especially when I have done nothing but show how much I respect him in these posts.

A sucker is a man who allows himself to be disrespected, taken advantage of, cheated on, and worked like a whipping boy. That does not describe the situation we are discussing in this thread. Therefore your entire premise is illogical.

He would be a sucker to treat me the way he does if my entire attitude towards him was negative, nasty, disrespectful, and unaccommodating. But that is not the case. However I am honest enough to admit that certain things would not work in reverse, it just wouldn't. And I am not simply referring to manner of speech or how arguments are handled. And that is okay for there to be that slight difference. There is nothing wrong with that.

The adage we are discussing in this thread remains around for a reason. I am not the first to support the notion that the man needs to have a little more love than the woman, and I won't be the last to support it. My style of describing it may not be the most pleasant, but sometimes you have to get down to facts without trying to be cute.

I talk a lot about what I do for my husband, but it would be irresponsible to promote that type of behavior without discussing how he treats me in return.

A lot of men want a woman who will give him 3 homemade meals a day, do most of the housework, educate the kids, run the business, help with his errands, boost his ego, do this and do all that, but then in return she is supposed to be happy just to be married.

Nope. If I can talk about why it's important to cook, be encouraging, make your man feel important, etc- then I will also talk about the other side which is that I do that because he has proven he deserves it. Women are out here giving out too much for little in return.

BezO

Highbrow
Daps
Reppin
NYC -> DC
I don't know why this topic is so hard for some to accept, lol. My husband would move heaven and earth for me without one complaint, and that's that. He has proven it time and time again. There are many examples where people would say that it is crazy as hell that 1. I asked a particular thing of him and 2. That he actually made it happen and didn't even complain about it.

But that is what I need. I couldn't be happy with someone who wasn't able to provide that sort of treatment.

Yes, he is a nice guy but that doesn't mean that he is anywhere close to being that accommodating, patient, and polite to other people.
He only has one wife. Of course he's gonna apply those traits differently in different situations.

My question is how are you measuring love? How do you know he loves you more than you love him?

Love is a very abstract concept. It's not like you can weigh it. And everyone expresses it differently. Especially man vs woman.

Understand, I'm not challengin' your belief. Just askin' for clarification. I've been in relationships and couldn't tell you who loved who more. I can tell you someone's love language. No way I'd take those expressions & try to measure their source though.

Daps

Absolutely agreed.