Breh says that UFC proves Wrestling to be the dominant fighting style. Not Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Of course this being america most people watch UFC. At this stage in it's evolution it's simply shytty kickboxing.

@Mowgli will attest to this I assume. I agree wrestling might be the best BASE however without other tools it can be negated
I've sparred state wrestling champs who didn't know jiujitsu and they get submitted. Like I can't believe that I'm submitting them because they're so damn strong and agile with the takedown.

The thing with wrestlers, their necks be out Like a damn turtle. Neck always there to get choked. They have trouble escaping bjj pins as well. They don't care if you're on their back either so they get choked. Also against leg lockers they're going to have trouble defending heel hooks.

Now, once they learn the basics they are a problem because the mix of strength and technique catering to wrestling strengths can drain you. Gas tanks infinite

For the BJJ guy it really depends on what he mastered as part of his style. Did he focus on takedown? Is he good with back takes? Can he get to the back from standing and does he have a solid mix of takedown with striking. At a certain point some self education becomes part of your journey and you have to take time to plug the holes in your style

All wrestlers have to learn Jiujitsu to compete in the UFC. There's no way around it. In 2024 jiujitsu guts get exposed to alot of wrestlers because so many come through the gym

Last edited:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
The European/American white man is in the process of trying to claim Jiujitsu for himself through the no gi scene. It's the perfect way to bring wrestlers into the culture. They'll Incorporate wrestling and the jiujitsu moves they Like together and call it some other style so they can make money around events of their design.

They'll also bring herpes Into jiujitsu because wrestlers are disgusting hygenically.

This is where they'll abandon tradition of wearing gi's and try to say jiujitsu is no longer needed or obsolete if they can achieve notable victories using this style.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
In sports perhaps.

Plenty of video evidence shows that in real life, people aren't going to wait for you to submit their friends one by one. wrestlers get stomped out in real fights.

Boxes and kickboxers are the most practical when dealing with potentially multiple opponents in real life, You need to drop one quick so you can retreat or defend yourself against the others.

Plus they are more entertaining to watch as a sport.
:hhh: :camby:

Only id the wrestler gets two pieced to sleep and most ppl can't pull that off, untrained puncher or not. I've never seen a wrestler keep a fight up top for more than 10 seconds. What the hell kind of wrestler decides to throw hands when he can just shoot a double. Strikers are food when we take it to the ground.

Richard Glidewell

Superstar
Daps

Only id the wrestler gets two pieced to sleep and most ppl can't pull that off, untrained puncher or not. I've never seen a wrestler keep a fight up top for more than 10 seconds. What the hell kind of wrestler decides to throw hands when he can just shoot a double. Strikers are food when we take it to the ground.
Khabibulin said he needs to speak with you

OnlyOneBoss

Superstar
Daps
The UFC probably gonna make some rule changes to favor striking styles more in the future. Purely from an entertainment point of view I mean

I personally respect and love the ground game but I know people really wanna see the cool ass kicks and spinning punches frfr :hubie:

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
I agree. The Gracie family did give life the BJJ but the most dominate fighters in the UFC had wresting backgrounds. Notable names that come to mind:
- Dan Severn
- Don Frye
- Tito Ortiz
- Matt Hughes
- Jon Jones
- Churck Liddell
- Kevin Randleman and the list goes on.

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps

Jon Jones and Chuck Liddell perfectly fit that description.

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
Lol

And I think Gordon took it easy on him. Wrestler's are food with leg locks but they have a good base to start with. A guy at my gym started at the same time as me and Wrestled D1, he moved up to Blue Belt and now teaches a wrestling class at the gym, but when he goes against purple belt's and higher, he gets submitted, and he's often one of the bigger guys on the mat.

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
In sports perhaps.

Plenty of video evidence shows that in real life, people aren't going to wait for you to submit their friends one by one. wrestlers get stomped out in real fights.

Boxes and kickboxers are the most practical when dealing with potentially multiple opponents in real life, You need to drop one quick so you can retreat or defend yourself against the others.

We cant sit up here and act like most "real fights" don't devolve into wrestling.

it'd be real dishonest to act like wrestlers are losing fights simply because their skill set doesn't translate to some melee battle royale video game.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Talking about "becoming more effective strikers", then you're not talking about wrestling anymore, you're talking about the actual fighter.

I hate when people to to misconstrue facts like that.

If anything it's a very loose correlation, because wrestling got nothing to do with throwing a good punch, kicking, etc. That's more about the fighter themselves training in those areas.

Last edited:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
In sports perhaps.

Exactly. In a real fight, the entire world is my ring. A trained striker can stick and move for days but wouldn't have to. shyt a Muay Thai kick to the nuts from a 110 lbs. man will floor a 230 lbs. wrestler like nothing.

If it's really serious like that then that's when weapons come into play and as a wrestler, you don't want to grab someone when they got a weapon in their hand. It's why law enforcement stresses drawing a line in the sand and not letting people get close.

Plus a lot of people don't know how to stay composed when they get hit, boxing/kickboxing will teach you that.

Last edited: