Breh says that UFC proves Wrestling to be the dominant fighting style. Not Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
MMA has basically proven that a combination of "high" level Boxing and/or Wrestling is enough to trade at the very top of the sport.

BJJ isn't a martial art that specializes in dominating position, almost the exact opposite, so unless you're finishing people all the time you're not scoring enough points to win a decision.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
In sports perhaps.

Plenty of video evidence shows that in real life, people aren't going to wait for you to submit their friends one by one. wrestlers get stomped out in real fights.

Boxes and kickboxers are the most practical when dealing with potentially multiple opponents in real life, You need to drop one quick so you can retreat or defend yourself against the others.

Plus they are more entertaining to watch as a sport.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
In sports perhaps.

Plenty of video evidence shows that in real life, people aren't going to wait for you to submit their friends one by one. wrestlers get stomped out in real fights.

Boxes and kickboxers are the most practical when dealing with potentially multiple opponents in real life, You need to drop one quick so you can retreat or defend yourself against the others.

Plus they are more entertaining to watch as a sport.
Disagree.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
MMA has basically proven that a combination of "high" level Boxing and/or Wrestling is enough to trade at the very top of the sport.

BJJ isn't a martial art that specializes in dominating position, almost the exact opposite, so unless you're finishing people all the time you're not scoring enough points to win a decision.

Pretty much this. The UFC point scoring rules cater to wrestlers.

The ground game would look a lot different if things like this were legal in the UFC

Last edited:

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree. This shyt clicked when I was doing BJJ in college.

Grappler vs grappler, wrestlers focus on maintaining the better position which matters a lot more if it's not a 100% grappling only match where punches can be thrown. BJJ guys get too comfortable with the idea of fighting off their back because in the dojo nobody is going to rain down hammerfists on you.

Canon

Veteran
Daps
I agree. This shyt clicked when I was doing BJJ in college.

Grappler vs grappler, wrestlers focus on maintaining the better position which matters a lot more if it's not a 100% grappling only match where punches can be thrown. BJJ guys get too comfortable with the idea of fighting off their back because in the dojo nobody is going to rain down hammerfists on you.
:ufdup:this is not the current bJJ meta at all

YvrzTrvly

All Star
Daps
Of course this being america most people watch UFC. At this stage in it's evolution it's simply shytty kickboxing.

@Mowgli will attest to this I assume. I agree wrestling might be the best BASE however without other tools it can be negated