Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
You work that hard everyday
And that’s all you get from these jobs
Meanwhile all it takes is one illness
Then you start reflecting on all the shyt you missed out on
And if he doesn’t have family
You start thinking about all the missed opportunities to travel or just things that make you happy
None of those people at that job will be there for you in that moment
I was doing that shyt at one time
And was proud of it until that day the doctor said you may have cancer
Now I give a fukk less about a job and my side hussle has almost got me right where I want to be
I can’t knock homie if that’s what he likes
But that epiphany will come one day
I just hope it doesn’t come as my wake up call

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Daps
shyt like this is why millennials and zoomers dont give a fukk about staying in a company.

i've changed jobs almost every 2 to 3 years since i graduated highschool. im currently at this firm for 2.5 years. doubt i'll be here for 2.5 more if they keep the work from office only bullshyt

Daps
Reppin
NYC
One thing to point out here, when you work for big business and you're at a place for this long, and the manager turnover is crazy....
Any good deed that this employee did 10, 15, 20 years ago has been long forgotten because a new manager is taking over every 2-4 years.
Whether he came in one day during a snowstorm, or the numerous times he covered someone else's shift, it's all forgotten as soon as a mew manager comes in...Like it never happened.

Job loyalty is a fools game.

Remember back in 2009 I worked all weekend cause everyone quit? :to:

Manager: Breh I been here since January and I got plans to leave by August :francis:

HellRell804

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hate seeing grown ass black men in these menial ass jobs.

Bro grab your ass a lawnmower and cut grass. I guarantee you make more than that slave shyt.

Detail cars.

Walk dogs!

This is not living. Anyone that takes pride in not missing a day of work is a fukking fool.

I've worked with intellectually disabled people for almost 20 years now.

The higher functioning ones who can work absolutely take pride in their jobs. It makes them feel valued.

I remember a client's transportation fell through and he wasn't able to get to work. We talked to his manager and it was no big deal if he didn't come that day.

But he was so distraught that he was gonna miss work that I actually left the office to pick him up and take him to work.

He was thanking me the entire trip.

This online culture has people so insulated in their own bubbles that they can't fathom that different people have different opinions, morals, and values than they do.

If yoy don't think like me you're wrong and stupid. Its all black and white. No nuance.

Then they wonder why they struggle to make personal connections outside of their echo chambers