Breaking... Ubisoft Erases your digital games if you don't play them!!!! :wow::wtf: :dahell:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
So do you lose the games or something?
If you don’t touch your ubisoft account for 4+ years they delete your account if you don’t respond to emails notifying you of your dormant account.

They can’t delete games you already have downloaded, but you will be unable to re-download games you purchased in the past.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Here's my gripes about this whole ordeal....

Even though we all agree about Ubisoft being fukking shyt, but where's the smoke for Nintendo with their stance on digital purchases?

For instance, when they shut down the Wii servers and etc, it was a friggin mess for folks to keep their purchases. Hell, I actually deleted my Nintendo account at ease, and they did not bat an eye versus Steam where they want to make sure you have a pulse, Sony who hates "players" hold down your account, and Microsoft with its Streamlined approach.

As much as I enjoy Nintendo for their history, I despise their old school ways concerning their struggle online services and their digital distribution (their 1st party games being stuck at the silly price of 59.99)

Last edited:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
And lastly, folks making a big ass deal about this nonsense. Ubisoft is a tiny turd that's impossible to flush, but it's on you if you're going to have an abandoned account and Ubi like "aight lets closed up the housing".

Its like somebody buying a rowhome and just letting it collect dust. I'm talking about not paying the lights, not keeping it maintain, and just allowing it to be an eyesore. Of course, the city going to close it up because why have it, if you are not going to use it?

Folks forget that these "billion dollar" companies have to rely on servers to keep these accounts up to float. Need more to keep these servers up, so if there's an account that's a waste of bandwidth, then adios!

As a gaming marsupial, it sucks, but as a business minded koala it's understandable.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
If you don’t touch your ubisoft account for 4+ years they delete your account if you don’t respond to emails notifying you of your dormant account.

They can’t delete games you already have downloaded, but you will be unable to re-download games you purchased in the past.

:huhldup: I mean I kinda get the outrage from that perspective. Even if I haven't touched it in years, it's still mine

edit: That was crazy :dame:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:huhldup: I mean I kinda get the outrage from that perspective. Even if I haven't touched it in years, it's still mine

It’s misplaced entitlement.

No company on earth is gonna keep record of your purchases like that for years.

Walk into gamestop with a game or console you purchased 4 years ago ask for return/exchange/service and see what they tell you. :stopitslime:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Walk into gamestop with a game or console you purchased 4 years ago ask for return/exchange/service and see what they tell you. :stopitslime:

that's not a good comparison at all.

I bought a product, you can't just take it away. No matter if I haven't used it for years. So what, it's mine.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos

Physical brehs never think this logic through :francis: . Its all hell from both ends, but somehow digital era forever getting shytted on for company policies. However, folks forget about the hell of physical media:

• Retro hunters are dealing with price gouging and greedy ass game stores trying to get over on nostalgia
  • Some disks have rot in them (so good luck)
  • Overstock issues (imagine trying to move all of that shyt or worse....you lose it in a fire)
  • Don't get me started with disc errors and the PS2 had me thinking there was something wrong with my Vice City copy, only to realized it was the first gen PS2 that was the issue.
I hate this clickbait "SEE HEREEE HERREEEE IS WHY WE BUY PHYSICAL" babble, when in reality, there are two sides of the coin.

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
:huhldup: Hope my screen name doesn't lead to these Coli streets. Them youngin youngins are going to get cockeyed with my posts :damn:
You have nothing to worry bout this site will not be around in 10+ years. As for your data containing your posts idk probably sold to the Chinese or Russians to feed an AI datasets to teach it "how to post like a black man"

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
You have nothing to worry bout this site will not be around in 10+ years. As for your data containing your posts idk probably sold to the Chinese or Russians to feed an AI datasets to pretend to teach it "how to post like a black man that somehow think's he's a Koala"

:wow: FTFY

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I mean, as long as you were thinking about it in the Future "Even if I only played it once, it's part of my collection" sense, and then purchased two pairs of deadstock :dame: era Pro Keds as penance, I think you're fine, breh.

They can’t take it away. You have it on your hardrive they can’t remove it from your hardrive.

C'mon, breh. That's a disingenuous argument. Unless they're cutting off access to games that are no longer for sale due to licensing issues, then there's really not much of a reason to do this, and saying "Well, you should've downloaded it," doesn't really even things out.

Next time someone wants to yell anti-consumerism over some fanboy shyt, they should maybe think about stuff like this first.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
C'mon, breh. That's a disingenuous argument. Unless they're cutting off access to games that are no longer for sale due to licensing issues, then there's really not much of a reason to do this, and saying "Well, you should've downloaded it," doesn't really even things out.

Next time someone wants to yell anti-consumerism over some fanboy shyt, they should maybe think about stuff like this first.
The reason is that it costs money to maintain severs.

Why do you think they should perpetually foot the bill to hold on to accounts that have been abandoned?

No other company or product would do that for you.

Imagine 50 years from now, ubisoft still exists and they never deleted dormant accounts. They’d have thousands even millions accounts they are paying to maintain that nobody is using. Why should they or any company be expected to do that?