BREAKING: The Washington Wizards are trading three-time All-Star Bradley Beal to the Phoenix Suns for Chris Paul, Landry Shamet, second-rounders

Braman

Superstar
Daps
I really don't understand that.... Kings need a big that can cover Sabonis defensively, not Beal
Keegan Murray is a luxury player for them and a bit of a tweener. He’s Kyle Kuzma 2.0. A stretch 4 who’s too slow at the 3 but doesn’t provide defense at the 4.

So his value is probably never going to be higher than it is now since he’s young. If I’m Sacramento I’m dangling him all summer

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
Keegan Murray is a luxury player for them and a bit of a tweener. He’s Kyle Kuzma 2.0. A stretch 4 who’s too slow at the 3 but doesn’t provide defense at the 4.

So his value is probably never going to be higher than it is now since he’s young. If I’m Sacramento I’m dangling him all summer
Yep .

Him and Sabonis isn’t going to work . No reason to be attached to him and ignore the obvious.

But I will say building around Keegan would be easier than Sabonis …because the guys that would fit next to Sabonis are hard to get/find . (Stretch the floor on offense,protect the rim on D)

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
But that has nothing to do with how their salaries effect building a talented roster. OKC could’ve had 3 young max players and would’ve played the Heat in 3 straight finals and they decided to not pay Harden. The key isn’t not having a big 3, it’s about paying the right people and putting the right pieces around them.
MPJ got max money but he was never considered a guy that made them into a Big 3. They were always about having the right pieces around Jokic & Murray

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It doesn't need to be one to one, the correlation is enough.

It's not apples to oranges because the pattern is clearly showing where team owners are based that are spending money. Free agency doesn't matter. A capless NBA would be big markets buying free agents just as hard or more. Most team owners are regional powers who establish or buy a team in their area.

No team owner really wants to pay half a bill to field a team, but when one does, we'll see where they are. I doubt it'll be OKC, but we'll see in 2026 when those ninetyleven assets are ready to be taken care of. Or how long Kroenke pays to keep the window open for Denver.

I will say again, if the owner is willing to pay half a bill to field a team, that’s their prerogative. The same way it’s their prerogative for those owners who cut corners to try to keep their payroll as low as possible.

My stance won’t change…if a team is organically built, they drafted and developed their own core, it should not be treated like a bad thing because their owner is willing and able to pay to keep them together.

So we can agree to disagree

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
good luck replicating what Denver did building their team.

getting a 2x mvp with the 41st pick in the draft and situation where teams were passing on MPJ due to the health issues despite his potential don't come around that often. if ever.

you might be able to take a chance on a guy with injury issues that could pan out, but in a lot of cases they won't and the jokic thing is a once in a lifetime deal.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
good luck replicating what Denver did building their team.

getting a 2x mvp with the 41st pick in the draft and situation where teams were passing on MPJ due to the health issues despite his potential don't come around that often. if ever.

you might be able to take a chance on a guy with injury issues that could pan out, but in a lot of cases they won't and the jokic thing is a once in a lifetime deal.
Even then, Denver wasn't even planning on making that pick as they had been dangling it as trade bait to reduce salary until they actually had to make the pick. That's why they were scrounging around at the last minute to verify his medicals before making the pick.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Superstars are more persistent as an offensive threat from October onwards.

The payroll is the byproduct of having a Big 3. But as you said, Denver has that balance. The teams looking into Beal, won't.
I mean if this ridiculous shyt I see being offered is true they just might. Like not giving up Herro in that Beal trade? Sounds crazy. Beal Herro Jimmy Bam C (whoever they can get on vet minimum) seems pretty balanced.