BREAKING: Niger 🇳🇪 cuts ALL military ties with the United States, 6 months after breaking ties with France in their proces of decolonization!

ReasonableMatic

Daps

GI0jqf3a8AAYRhJ

bravo-applause.gif

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
In reading the statement, the junta's spokesman, Col. Maj. Amadou Abdramane, stopped short of saying U.S. forces should leave.

They just trying to get a bigger payment from the US. The posts in OP are misleading. They aren’t even telling the US to leave.

Daps
why didn't they do this when they broke ties with France?

Breh, when you're dealing with geopolitics and strategy and disentanglement from foreign nations, a lot goes into that.

Trust me, they're doing it this way for a reason. It's not as easy as just saying "hey you can leave our country today" and everything shutting down immediately.

Look how long even the US wanted to get out of Afghanistan, but couldn't. That was war so it was a different situation, but I'm making the point that there's politics and geopolitics involved in something of this scale.

I'm excited for them. This is huge.

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
Breh, when you're dealing with geopolitics and strategy and disentanglement from foreign nations, a lot goes into that.

Trust me, they're doing it this way for a reason. It's not as easy as just saying "hey you can leave our country today" and everything shutting down immediately.

Look how long even the US wanted to get out of Afghanistan, but couldn't. That was war so it was a different situation, but I'm making the point that there's politics and geopolitics involved in something of this scale.

You do realize that Wagner is still living it up in Niger ?

what exactly are you excited for?

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps

but the statement was They have to leave with immediate effect. I mean they ain't packing up and leaving tommorow. It wasn't like the US was directly intervening in Nigerian Politics so there's no real reason why they they had to leave unless Wagner wanted them out.

I get it nikkas who was Captain America Super FBA types are championing this as if all that equipment that they got from america is gonna maintain itself and the local Carrefour ( a french grocery chain) is just gonna leave and the business will be taken over smoothly by a Nigerien.

I sincerely hope shyt works out but I'm not gonna act like I'm gonna take a trip there anytime soon.

I just hope that there's not another coup or famine or the arabs don't just turn it into Sahelistan.

As a guy who lived in Africa I don't don't see most of the African leadership and especially not the Francophone ones really being for their people.

I was watching a Youtube channel talking about the brewing Beef between the Burkina Faso Leader and the Guinean Leader because the Guinean General decided not to join in the alliance and the speculated that since he was a former Legionnaire a French citizen and with a white wife that's why he isn't down.

morris

Superstar
Daps
I wonder what came with the proposed assistance

The United States has plans to provide $101 million in bilateral FY 2022 assistance to Niger for food security; education; democracy and governance; and health and security assistance. This includes $9 million in supplemental funding to address increased food insecurity. Mar 16, 2023