BREAKING NEWS: Donald Trump permanently suspended from Twitter

CodeKansas

Superstar
Daps
Damage already done. This man is going to have a Secret Service detail for the rest of his life and plenty of media outlets bending over backwards to get him on a show.

Symbolic victories lost their luster a long time ago.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
It's hilarious till it's our voices they silence. I would have rather they let the fukk rant his way to a jail cell.

Yep. Anybody who doesn't parrot pre-approved talking points will be silenced. Advice on dealing with women? Nope that's misogyny. Not down with the alphabet shyt? You're a bigot.

I dont get these takes.

1. You and donald j trump (and everyone else) agree to terms and conditions when you use these websites. You agree to post on these websites and are subject to their rules. Your first amendment rights says that the government will not impede you speaking your mind. IT does not say Trump gets to spread hate on a private companies plat form.

2.This is not a case of simply going against a "hivemind" and being banned for having an opposing opinion. Not only has Trump spread lies and incendiary rhetoric via these platforms, he's done it over the course of 5 years and, as such, has sown divide and even incited violence within the country.

I get the need to having opposing views and diverse opinions on platforms, as I think it leads to both sides learning something new and ultimately provides a different perspective, but, this assumes that both sides are arguing in good faith and not just spreading baseless lies to stroke ones own ego.

And i do believe there can be a hivemind- ish mentality on social media. There is definitely a thin line that I think could be handled better, mainly when it comes to opposing views on LBQT+ topics.

But Trump is not the victim of the latter. There is no redeeming factor to allowing Trump to continue posting on these major platforms, especially not after Tuesday. Trump is not a victim of anything but his own dangerous mindset.

Last edited:

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Damage already done. This man is going to have a Secret Service detail for the rest of his life and plenty of media outlets bending over backwards to get him on a show.

Symbolic victories lost their luster a long time ago.
He's going to jail

But he's inspired a movement