BREAKING: Israel remotely detonates hundreds of Hezbollah pagers, 4,000+ casualties

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
I did a little research and they are saying this is propaganda. Pager batteries don't even have enough power to explode like that :yeshrug:
My guess it was a supply chain level attack.

Most pagers use standard double a batteries. Those won't be enough to kill. They probably know hezbollah was receiving this shipment, intercepted it, and the implanted explosives in them. Probably were triggered by sending a page to them and done.

I doubt this happened by overheating the battery.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Ain't no Hammas this was all a lie to kill and take land...fukk every small hat in existence
Doesn't matter, they've been fighting in the middle east for 1000s of years, and will still be fighting a 1000 years from now. Whether we choose sides or pick people to blame or not. Anybody over there wanting peace only option is to escape

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
This is highly impressive if this was just simply a hack to be able to remotely have pagers blow up. I can't wrap my head around that.

I think it's most likely Israel had intelligence for awhile and sold pagers to Hamas that already had explosives. Also if that's the case, that means they been reading all their messages anyway. They probably knew even more stuff about Oct 7th then initially reported.

Either way this is some wild shyt. Hope this is worth it for them as they just exposed the type of intelligence/technical capabilities they have to the world.
I doubt it is that way, rather they would have found an exploit at the core assembly level to overload the device and therefore the heat/battery (IMO). I do not even know who still makes pagers but I am sure they are incredibly exploitable.

It is an ingenious bit of work and basically similar to what they did in Iran and the centrifuges: Stuxnet - Wikipedia

But you could be right, from the videos I have seen they were not fiery explosions.

Edit* it appears you were correct! Crazy supply chain attack.

• The health ministry says 200 of those injured are in a critical condition, with a munition expert telling the BBC the devices were likely packed with up to 20 grams of military-grade high explosive”
Edit* or not! Going to bed and will catch up in the morning.

Last edited: