*[Breaking]*: Elon Musk says he will contribute $45 million **per a month** to a new pro-Trump Super PAC UPDATE: Elon Falls Back On Promise

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It probably has something to do with these:
Also Kamala has come out very pro-tech/ai/crypto in the last 48 hours. a stark contrast from biden. she's going to win.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
:mindblown:

UPDATE:

:mjlol:

Elon Musk backs down from $45 million a month pledge to Trump: ‘I don't subscribe to cult of personality’
Eva Roytburg
Elon Musk is not spending $45 million a month to elect former President Donald Trump, though he has created a new super political action committee (PAC) to fund the Republican candidate, the billionaire told conservative commentator Jordan Peterson during an interview Monday evening.

During the interview, which was hosted on Musk’s platform, X, Peterson asked Musk if he had “shocked” himself by donating a substantial amount of money to Trump’s campaign. Musk – who has previously criticized Trump, calling him a “bull in a china shop” – paused to correct the “media.”

“What’s been reported in the media is simply not true,” Musk said. “I am not donating $45 million a month to Trump.”

The Wall Street Journal first reported on the claim, citing sources “familiar with the matter.” The outlet has not yet issued a retraction or follow-up article altering its reporting.

Musk did note that he created a super PAC, called the America PAC, to help support Trump. A super PAC is a group that can raise unlimited amounts of money for a campaign’s independent expenditures—such as for ads, or for day-to-day operations— but doesn’t donate directly to the campaign. They have become prominent among both Democrats and Republicans since a 2010 D.C. appeals court decision that authorized the existence of the super PACS. For a normal PAC, donors are limited to gifts of only $5,000 a year.

Several tech company leaders have donated to America PAC, including Ken Howery, an early executive at Paypal along with Musk, Antonio Gracias, a private-equity leader, Sequoia Capital’s Shuan Maguire, and the Winklevoss twins.

The super PAC is also led in part by Joe Lonsdale, a co-founder of the software company Palantir and politically ambitious venture capitalist in Austin who is close to Musk, according to the New York Times.

The Austin-based America PAC “is not supposed to be a sort of hyperpartisan” organization, Musk said. He said that he isn’t part of MAGA—or Make America Great Again, Trump’s campaign slogan—but rather, his principles are aligned with “MAG”: Make America Greater.

“I don’t prescribe to [a] cult of personality,” Musk said. But, he added that Trump demonstrated “great courage” after being shot by an attempted assassin on July 13, and that strength helps intimidate America’s enemies.

Additionally, Musk spoke about the “core values” that make America great, which he thinks the Republican party embodies more so than the Democrats.

“One of those values being meritocracy, as much meritocracy as possible, so you get ahead as a function of your skill, and nothing else,” Musk said.

He also added that one of the principles the PAC aligned with was “freedom,” particularly freedom from “as much government intervention as possible.” The hand of government gets heavier every year, and if we don’t roll back some restrictions and regulations, eventually, “everything will be illegal,” Musk said.

When Peterson pressed Musk for why he was switching to Trump, after long voting Democratic, Musk said that Democrats had become the party of censorship.
He also criticized a lawsuit that the Justice Department—under President Joe Biden’s administration— launched against his company SpaceX, last year, alleging that Musk discouraged refugees and asylum seekers from applying to work at the aerospace company. A court order later blocked the U.S. from pursuing the lawsuit.

:mjpls:

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
It probably has something to do with these:
+ Trump shytted on electric cars multiple times during the RNC speech that went on for 2 hours. I ain't even shocked, Eloin knows that shyt will cost him dearly considering it's a main campaign focus. Can't have "demon rats" and republicants refusing to buy Teslaz

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
I HATE that elon owns twitter.

now he has an unlimited platform to spread bullshyt misinformation. the same shyt that got trump kicked off the platform in the first place.
It won't matter since people are leaving the platform. The problem he claimed he would fix(scammers and bots) have gotten several times worse.

And you're getting posts you don't want to see getting priority over the pages you follow. shyt is garbage and journalists are slowly migrating to bluesky and threads.

He's an idiot who will go broke if Tesla and spaceX tank. Tesla stock is already on a downward trend as they get owned in asia by BYD and korean+japanese manufacturers.

If kamala chooses mark Kelly, a former astronaut as VP, I know he's going to make Nasa funding a priority and try to get Americans to work building the rockets, robots and probes internally instead of putting money in his pocket.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
This plus the terrible Tesla news today...
:mjlol:

I think him and a few other tech barons realize the tides have turned and their guy might get smoked. At the very least they have to hedge now, just in case Kamala wins. BTW I'm all for her cutting all federal money going to SpaceX. In a perfect world the US government would also seize Starlink too...
tp