Breaking Bad Season 5 Official Thread

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
damn im still on season 4 episode 4. im bout to go on a marathon session right now and see if i can finish the rest of season 4 before season 5 starts tonite

you can do it breh
i watched all of season 4 in a day on thursday

jericho

The North Remembers
Daps
Reppin
Wow, I still can't believe this is on tonight. Mafukkas I can't stop :stylin:

36 Chambers

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
tumblr_m77rrzdOvk1qgne3ho1_400.jpg

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
FINALLY THE FORTH SEASON HAS COME TO NETFILX!!!!!!

I will catch up with you guys in a couple of days.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Two things....

AMC is streaming the premiere on their site but you gotta sign up. You can log in 30 minutes before the ep airs. They are doing this to fukk with Dish TV, they dropped AMC. As far as I know no other eps will stream the same time as they're on TV:

Thank You « Breaking Bad Live Stream

As always AICN's preview of the ep, with minor spoilers. I'll post these each week:

What’s it called?
“Live Free Or Die.”

Who’s responsible?
Teleplay is credited to series mastermind Vince Gilligan.

What says AMC?
“As Walt deals with the aftermath of the Casa Tranquila explosion, Hank works to wrap up his investigation of Gus' empire.”

Does Giancarlo Esposito’s character appear in flashback this week?
He does not.

What about “Better Call” Saul Goodman and ex-cop/Fring henchman Mike Ehrmantraut? Are they gone for good?
Bob Odenkirk and Jonathan Banks are listed in the opening credits and seen in new promo footage for season five.

How does it start?
Not where season four ended. Need more? There’s a shot from this season’s first scene embedded in that Comic Con trailer above.

The big news?
An “act of God” provides one of the episode’s bigger surprises.

What else is AMC not telling us?
An actor we’ve seen on “Breaking Bad” before (and who got a lot of work on “Justified” last season) returns for this season’s first scene. Betsy Brandt is listed in the opening credits but doesn’t return as Marie Schrader until this season’s third episode.

What’s great?
The momentum that resumes early on with the words “Oh shyt.” The surprises. Mike Ehrmantraut. Jesse Pinkman’s big idea. Walter White, who’s now essentially a Lex Luthor-y criminal superscientist, demonstrating he knows physics as well as chemistry. Walt’s scene with Saul.

What’s not so great?
Dean Norris cracked me up with his Hank Schrader performance in the second episode, but you don’t get to see that until next week.

How does the season premiere end, spoiler boy?
One character forgives another.

Fred.