Breaking Bad Season 5 Official Thread

Ku$h Parker

I'm Nothin Correctable
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Prime Minister of S.B. Westside
I was going to hold off on covering the next episode of Breaking Bad, "Buyout" until we were a bit closer to air time, but I just can't contain myself. It's simply that good.

The ending of 5.05, "Dead Freight", was a game changer on many levels. We know that Jesse (Aaron Paul) has a weakness for children, so when Todd pulled that trigger the game changed. In true Breaking Bad fashion, though, the game does not simply change on the flick of a switch, the change comes through a converging pattern of story geometry that eventually ends in a self solving equation with only one answer: the business must end. If you think this is a spoiler, prepare yourself — things coming to an end was an eventuality from the beginning, with "Buyout" you get the first salient glimpses of the Breaking Bad endgame. I think.

The new business arrangement always felt too easy to be the beginning of the end for Walter White. Squabbles aside, Jesse, Mike, and Walt were making it happen, and navigating every obstacle like masters of their own destinies. Yes there are still some very volatile elements lurking out there, Lydia, The Nine, Skyler, and of course Hank, yet all of these present like a diffuse cloud of minor threats. Hank, of course, could be a major threat, and could be the reason Walt went underground, I'm not dismissing him at all; as a matter of fact, I think a tear in Walter's familial cloth would be a more compelling reason for Heisenberg to vanish—but I suspect it will be a combination of a familial breakdown, and the fulfillment of Walt's Icarus like flight towards the sun, and "Buyout" presents what I suspect is the beginnings of that flight plan.

"Buyout" truly is a game changer in every sense of the word. The season has cried out for a Gus Fring replacement, and we finally catch sight of him. We also get a compact reminder and clarification of what drives Walt's hubris, it's a revelation that works entirely from what we know and is scattered across the episode in bits of subtle conversational clues. It's an explanation that will either elicit an aha, or an I knew it all along, but will most definitely no result in a ho hum.

Perhaps the best part of the episode though, is the comedy. I've been doing a re-watch of the series and taking note of how it began as pretty much a dark comedy, and transformed into this very heavy set and brooding drama. I'll admit, it made me a bit nostalgic. Breaking Bad is still funny from time to time, but the more protracted comedy set pieces are virtually non-existent. One of the best of these was when Skyler confronted Jesse when she thought Walt had been buying pot from him. Part of what makes this such a classic moment in Breaking Bad is the very fact that Aaron Paul and Anna Gunn virtually never shared the screen again outside of this scene. "Buyout" ends that drought with an extended piece of comedy that is as difficult to watch as it is hilarious. A much needed respite from such dark times.

Breaking Bad "Buyout" Airs Sunday on AMC at 10PM

*reads*

Body.....

Is......

READY!!!!!!
Fans_war_face.gif

KiD WavE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Southeast Ohio
Jesse is done with killing. He wants a blood-free business, which at this point we know is impossible. He voted against killing Lydia. He demanded that they rob the train without murdering the engineers. And in the episode’s final moments he screamed for Todd to spare the boy.
How will Walt respond? He has no problem with killing, and will certainly harm a child to secure his power. But kill one? I wonder if Todd just showed Walt what he’s been waiting for all along, but just didn’t realize it: An honest partner as efficient and ruthless as he is.
Think Walt will end up replacing Jesse with Todd.?

^^^^^^^
saw this post on another site it made me :ohhh:

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
does the dude who shot the kid look like Matt Damon to anyone else

every time they show him, I be like "its not your fault...its not your fault...its not your fault" :wow:

Akuma

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Walt pushed for them to rob the train SO HE CAN MAKE ONE LARGE COOK AND CASH OUT but he does not want Mike to know his intentions because Mike wants a steady stream of money to pay the 9 co-defendants in the Cayman accounts.

1000 gallons of Methylamine = a years worth of Heisenberg Blue Magic on the streets, it already a drought, they cooking in random houses, THIS CANNOT LAST LONG.

Todd already violated Mike's rules of act and speak only when spoken to, when he shot that WHITE KID, back when Walt snapped and murked those Monte Carlo cats that snuffed COMBO, in the Aztek jeep, knowing that Hank was on a stakeout with his own son in the car with that hooker. That is why Walt acted so shady to Hank and got Walt Jr drunk in the backyard. Now his wife sent the kids away and stressed herself in the pool in front of everybody.

Walt knows that after an innocent kid got clapped the endgame is near.
Mike is the one that would have to dispose of the kids body, and he knows his own granddaughter welfare isn't safe in a dirty game. Mike got an outside lawyer to visit all the co-d instead of Saul, so he trying to make his own way out as well.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Walt pushed for them to rob the train SO HE CAN MAKE ONE LARGE COOK AND CASH OUT but he does not want Mike to know his intentions because Mike wants a steady stream of money to pay the 9 co-defendants in the Cayman accounts.

1000 gallons of Methylamine = a years worth of Heisenberg Blue Magic on the streets, it already a drought, they cooking in random houses, THIS CANNOT LAST LONG.

Todd already violated Mike's rules of act and speak only when spoken to, when he shot that WHITE KID, back when Walt snapped and murked those Monte Carlo cats that snuffed COMBO, in the Aztek jeep, knowing that Hank was on a stakeout with his own son in the car with that hooker. That is why Walt acted so shady to Hank and got Walt Jr drunk in the backyard. Now his wife sent the kids away and stressed herself in the pool in front of everybody.

Walt knows that after an innocent kid got clapped the endgame is near.
Mike is the one that would have to dispose of the kids body, and he knows his own granddaughter welfare isn't safe in a dirty game. Mike got an outside lawyer to visit all the co-d instead of Saul, so he trying to make his own way out as well.

:shaq2: Walt ain't doin that...you're buggin if you think he would

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
1000 gallons of methylamine turned into meth is around $300 million. If Walt wanted a short term solution because he's cashing out he could've stole 100 gallons or less....he endangered Jesse and Tod just to insure he had 1000 gallons exactly, obviously to supply his cooking for years if need be.

He's trying to build an empire, like he said in the new promo. How he'll do that, I dunno.

Fred.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1000 gallons of methylamine turned into meth is around $300 million. If Walt wanted a short term solution because he's cashing out he could've stole 100 gallons or less....he endangered Jesse and Tod just to insure he had 1000 gallons exactly, obviously to supply his cooking for years if need be.

He's trying to build an empire, like he said in the new promo. How he'll do that, I dunno.

Fred.

Hank is too observant :whoo: peeped the watch notices its expensive,knows about the car he bout to get suspicious :to: