Breaking: AJ Lee retires from WWE

ThePsydeFX

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I never saw this coming, I've been blindsided :duck:

Good for her. She at least waited to get that WM payday before bouncing.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Kaitlyn-and-AJ-hugging.gif

Unhinged Puerto Rican and looked a little hungry at times, but I'll miss you, bb.
:mjcry:
Her heart obviously wasn't in it anymore. People had been noting that for months.
I'm sure they left the door open for her to return three to five years from now when she gets the urge again.
That Sasha Banks vs AJ Lee feud will be
:wow:
She probably wants to start a family with Punk.
Besides, hopefully this opens the door for another diva to enter the picture and get a run at the belt.
:yeshrug:

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Even though it wasn't unexpected, and quite frankly, has been anticipated ever since her now-husband left the company over a year ago, the sudden nature of it still managed to catch me off guard, if only for a little bit. Now I can understand why Naomi got the win on RAW, and is now getting this push to face Nikki for the title.

This will hurt a little, quite a lot in fact, but I'm so absolutely happy and proud for AJ and what she has accomplished in her career and in her life.

She went from sleeping in cars, walking long miles to school and back, and taking multiple jobs just to make enough money to be broke, to now all of this.

Her brother started her love for wrestling, and her ambition and drive guided her to continue on and keep pushing forward, helped her meet her idols and saving up all the money she could, to literally starving herself just so she could have enough to make a tryout for WWE. And on a whim and a prayer, it worked.

From a shocking setback in being eliminated on NXT to being Natalya's jobber monkey for several months, from being booked as the village bicycle to even having (fake) crap dumped all over her, she persevered, kept on rolling, and did with a smile and with attitude.

In just a few short years she went from emotionally-abused girlfriend to calculating devious Crazy Chick, to snarky sneaky smartass, to even the friggin' General Manager of the Flagship show of WWE, to at least, being crowned a champion, the (as of this typing) longest reigning champion, to boot. And an added bonus is that she also met her husband there, and despite all backstage drama and mindless speculation, she has found the love of her life (vice versa for Punk.) Now with her gone from the squared circle, she can officially 100% of her time supporting her husband as he branches into his new career, while maybe also wanting to start a family of their own in the near future.

From being homeless to now preparing to be a full-time wife, possible mother and now a hopeful best-selling author, I think everything worked itself out perfectly for AJ, dontcha think?

Thank you, April. Congratulations on a stellar, unbelievable career, and I have no doubt that we will one day see you skipping proudly into your hallowed and deserved spot in the WWE Hall of Fame.

:salute: #ThankYouAJ
tumblr_inline_mkle40Ltq21qfi5b1.gif

Superstar
Daps
She's way too young for this and she was and still is the most over diva in the company. I don't think this is the end, she's going to want to come back sooner or later, but then again divas who retire often retire for good