Breaking: 2 astronauts currently stuck INDEFINITELY in SPACE on a Boeing spaceship (Update 3: Ship coming back, astronauts left in space bushes) )

TM101

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Elon deserves all the hate he gets but SpaceX should have been NASA's main partner for a few years now.:manny:
those SpaceX test flights live videos where they fly the boosters back to the launch paid after they separate from the spacecraft are still a must watch for me.
I grew up during the Shuttle program where those boosters would just fall to the earth never to be used again.
I wonder where SpaceX is in the development of their space suit :jbhmm:
Elon can't run a website or build a car right, you really gonna risk your life on one of his spaceships?

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
We should have a space elevator in operation by now.
I made a thread about this years ago, considering a mount down here connected to something up top in the orbit.

Now I think something can orbit the planet and lower a huge string like cable down to earth with a huge platform and lift it up. I think that's extremely possible to do and probably not too complicated.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Elon can't run a website or build a car right, you really gonna risk your life on one of his spaceships?
Sure, SpaceX has already done it. They were the first private company to send a spacecraft to the International Space Station; and to send astronauts to the International Space Station.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I made a thread about this years ago, considering a mount down here connected to something up top in the orbit.

Now I think something can orbit the planet and lower a huge string like cable down to earth with a huge platform and lift it up. I think that's extremely possible to do and probably not too complicated.

You mean like a space elevator...:francis:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
You mean like a space elevator...:francis:

I knew you would be biased against space elevators from the get-go.

A space elevator, also referred to as a space bridge, star ladder, and orbital lift, is a proposed type of planet-to-space transportation system,[1] often depicted in science fiction. The main component would be a cable (also called a tether)

Jokes aside, how the hell would we keep a 30,000km space elevator in working order when we can't even keep a single craft together? Humanity has not shown that it has the sort of engineering precision to operate such an enormous device in perfect condition, and if any part of the line fukks up then the entire operation would grind to a halt immediately.

Plus the size of the disaster that would occur if the space elevator failed and crashed down to Earth would be insane.

Theo Penn

on that Earl Stevens wine
Daps

:lupe:

I just watched Alien: Romulus over the weekend. I know what’s about to happen to them.

roar-alien-romulus.gif

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps
NASA is in charge of all of that. They don't let any company go up there unless they know what's going on.
NASA paid Boeing $4 billion for the Starliner initiative. Boeing engineers, scientists et al. Knowing what’s going on versus overarching responsibility is a matter of debate.

Mass

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The theory has existed for a long ass time, the problem is the same as the space station, it has to be an international co op or it will be the first thing targeted for sanotage......space tethers, orbital lifts.......in the realm of possibility, but like flying cars nobody wants to go first
I'm not getting into a "flying car" unless the propulsion method is a form of anti gravity. Riding air waves and wind patterns is garbage