Bravely Default II (PC, Switch)

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I was thinking about copping but nah I could be wrong but something about it looks real boring. And who chose that art style?:upsetfavre:

Did you play Octopath Traveler? IMO if you liked or hated Octopath you will most likely feel the same for BD II. But yea the art style is just really odd to say the least.

Fani Willis fan

Man What
Daps
These 3ds developers have decided that they’re not even going to attempt to optimize their new games for the switch

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I mean ultimately the gamplay is what makes these games but the artstyle looks lazy and something that would have been more appropriate for the DS. Really increases my appreciation for the care that was put into games Xenoblade Chronicales and DQXI

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I mean ultimately the gamplay is what makes these games but the artstyle looks lazy and something that would have been more appropriate for the DS. Really increases my appreciation for the care that was put into games Xenoblade Chronicales and DQXI

I still hope one day we get a Pokémon game that looks like DQ11

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
First game is a top 5 jrpg of the last 10 years imo. Hype to be able to play this on my tv :skip:

This is the great thing about switch, that Nintendo can't strand shyt on a handheld.

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
peanutschristmasgif.gif

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
Impressions after 6 hours and finishing the prologue.

PROS
Good pacing: You have your entire party within what seemed like 30 minutes. The story is nothing special thus far and it's your typical jrpg 'The Chosen One' traveling with a group, but the game doesn't take 10 hours to let you know. You can also use abilities before the game even gives you the tutorial and there is an option to pretty much fast forward/skip any tutorial or cut scene.
Job System: It looks like you can see most if not all abilities for each Job Class as soon as you acquire that job which is nice since you don't have to guess or look it up online, Main Jobs level up A LOT faster than your secondary though.
Environments: The obvious, but the towns and fields look great. The depth blur really helps too (I'm playing in handheld mode).
Music: I'm admittedly not a REVO fan, but the music thus far is pretty good.
Character Designs: There's been a lot of talk about this and I actually really like the designs of the main cast and other characters in this game. It reminds me of over the over the top designs from the James and the Giant Peach film form the 90's. The enemy deigns are also detailed and well done. However, there is a design early on (the talking monster) that is one of the worst I've seen in an SE game. There's also a boss who is a guy with a high pitched voice and dressed like a geisha.

CONS
The Camera: It's pretty awful at times, especially when you're roaming in the middle of the field at night and have packs of wolves jumping out at you.
Difficulty: I'm playing on Normal. There is a party member that's traveling with you (that you cannot control) who can one shot kill most enemies that are not bosses. They also frequently heal my party right after getting hit and before I even get a chance to make my next move. Not a fan of that.
There is a predetermined boss battles that you are supposed to lose. Stop wasting my time and items. :beli: