Brando in Apocalypse Now has to be the goat performance from an actor

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Such a classic. Brando pulls off such a compelling performance as Kurtz and just about everyone in the film brings their A-game really.

The tone shift after Clean’s death sticks out with each watch and is so damn haunting. Film came across as if Capt. Willard and his crew were on a whole different planet by that point. Francis did a fine job making things come across as terrifying yet hypnotic at the same time, like a fever dream. Madness.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Such a classic. Brando pulls off such a compelling performance as Kurtz and just about everyone in the film brings their A-game really.

The tone shift after Clean’s death sticks out with each watch and is so damn haunting. Film came across as if Capt. Willard and his crew were on a whole different planet by that point. Francis did a fine job making things come across as terrifying yet hypnotic at the same time, like a fever dream. Madness.

Facts

I couldn’t have said what you said any better. Great post :mjcry:

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
This is the beginning of Brando hamming it up and reading off cue cards. It's a miracle they pulled off the performance considering he was a pain in the a$$ to deal with during the filming of the movie
He was reading off cue cards taped to Duvall on the first Godfather

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I’ve only seen Hateful 8 from this list

Looks like I got some research to do :leon:
lol, man the morgan freeman movie is street smart.
Its a shytty movie, but Morgan Freeman kills it.

Viggo in The Prophecy is good, would have been better if they didn't cast Walken in my opinion.

You have to see Last King of Scotland though, good movie, but Forrest Whitaker elevates it.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
lol, man the morgan freeman movie is street smart.
Its a shytty movie, but Morgan Freeman kills it.

Viggo in The Prophecy is good, would have been better if they didn't cast Walken in my opinion.

You have to see Last King of Scotland though, good movie, but Forrest Whitaker elevates it.

I’ll check them out :salute: