Essential BRAD PIFF'S SNEAKER THREAD

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I'll also add, I don't know how much autonomy Jordan Brand has but they're doing a great job with their players right now. Tatum, Zion and Luka all have good looking shoes with good colorways.

Heafcliffe

Hope there's puddin' in the clink...
Daps
Reppin
Districto de Columbia
Picked up some grey 997Hs
491534_01.jpg.jpeg

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Nike is a bozo operation. They're flooding the market with the same fukking shoes, just slight variations in colors. It doesn't take a business whiz to realize people won't/can't buy endless pairs of shoes.

For one, the Kobe market is FIENDING for new drops of all his classic pairs, especially between 4-8. All they've released in the past couple years is two pairs of Gigis with an insanely low production run. :unimpressed:

LeBron is their flagship current player with a lifetime contract and they're doing the bare minimum with his line. I'm not saying all his shoes are bangers, but Nike's been selling his shoes for 20 years and there's barely any retros of LeBrons being released. They're doing a few 1s this year and I know the 4 Graffitis are dropping at the end of the year but there's plenty of stuff to work with.

Nike needs to clean up the colorways of their modern releases too. LeBron, KD, etc. will have 15-20 colorways released with 50-75% being trash, even if the shoes are fire. On top of that, they'll have a bunch of PEs that look great that never see the light of day. A big selling point for the OG Jordans is there were only a handful of colors to choose from and most of them were great. It's the complete opposite now.
The problem with Kobe's is that the majority of them weren't moving like that before his death, so how much of the demand is based on actually want and how much of it is based on resale. That can also apply to other sneakers as well, but Kobe's in particular.

One of the main problems that they have is that the resale market, which was helping them out at one point and time is now hurting their bottomline. If we can look at see that an upcoming release is going under retail weeks before release, then we're going to sit it out for a few months and wait for the inevitable price drop.

Other retailers have taken notice of that and started making certain releases final sale and it's only a matter of time before Nike follows suit IMO.

It's rumors out there and it makes sense with the success of the Panda's that Nike is about to start making more basic SB Dunk colorways more accessible and cutting back on "packs" and collaborations.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
The problem with Kobe's is that the majority of them weren't moving like that before his death, so how much of the demand is based on actually want and how much of it is based on resale. That can also apply to other sneakers as well, but Kobe's in particular.

One of the main problems that they have is that the resale market, which was helping them out at one point and time is now hurting their bottomline. If we can look at see that an upcoming release is going under retail weeks before release, then we're going to sit it out for a few months and wait for the inevitable price drop.

Other retailers have taken notice of that and started making certain releases final sale and it's only a matter of time before Nike follows suit IMO.

It's rumors out there and it makes sense with the success of the Panda's that Nike is about to start making more basic SB Dunk colorways more accessible and cutting back on "packs" and collaborations.
Kobes were selling about as good as shoes that are clearly for ON COURT performance could sell, and they're to this day the nba shoe of choice, and as such have more exposure than anything else. With his posthumous iconic status kobes would be moving well rn.

I welcome more basic Dunk SBs because the only normal thing nike skateboarding produces right now is Blazers. Which, i still cop periodically.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Kobes were selling about as good as shoes that are clearly for ON COURT performance could sell, and they're to this day the nba shoe of choice, and as such have more exposure than anything else. With his posthumous iconic status kobes would be moving well rn.

I welcome more basic Dunk SBs because the only normal thing nike skateboarding produces right now is Blazers. Which, i still cop periodically.
A lot of those Kobe's were literally sitting on Final Score at a steep discount. It's where a lot of people flocked to after his passing. It's where I used to get mine to. The prices for his sneakers have spiked on resell websites unfortunately since his death.

Nike knew what they were doing when they made those Mambacita's a men's sneaker instead of kids who they should have been tailored to.

IIRC, I think it's going to be the white, black and grey ones that will get more frequent restocks.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
A lot of those Kobe's were literally sitting on Final Score at a steep discount. It's where a lot of people flocked to after his passing. It's where I used to get mine to. The prices for his sneakers have spiked on resell websites unfortunately since his death.
But thats my exact point. Demand is significantly higher because of his passing, and nba players' exposure and use of them

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
But thats my exact point. Demand is significantly higher because of his passing, and nba players' exposure and use of them
My question to that is it because people actually want those sneakers to wear or do they mainly want the resale purposes. NBA players aren't going to resell them obviously, but the average would if there's move to be made.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
My question to that is it because people actually want those sneakers to wear or do they mainly want the resale purposes. NBA players aren't going to resell them obviously, but the average would if there's move to be made.
Let the people in this thread answer because I only wear like 4-5 different profiles (dunks, terminators, blazers, and og colorway AJ1s & AJKOs). I'm fairly certain they would be worn though.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Let the people in this thread answer because I only wear like 4-5 different profiles (dunks, terminators, blazers, and og colorway AJ1s & AJKOs). I'm fairly certain they would be worn though.
Oh I know we'd all wear them, but I don't think that the average person would.

I guess that's the question that Nike will have to figure out going forward as they don't the luxury of having the resale market to help move sneakers that are currently sitting that the pandemic would have helped them move otherwise. They saw the resale game popping and wanted in on the market too and increased prices because of it.

Last edited:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Oh I know we'd all wear them, but I don't think that the average person would.

I guess that's the question that Nike will have to figure out going forward as they don't the luxury of having the resale market to help move sneakers that are currently sitting that the pandemic would have helped them move otherwise. They saw the resale game popping and wanted in on the market too and increased prices because of it.
The issue is Nike isn't even trying. They don't need to release different colorways every two weeks like 1s, Dunks, AMs and AF1s but they can throw some of his classics out there every couple months and they'll easily sell.

This is what they're releasing on 8/24 instead. :scusthov: