Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
IMG-0382.jpg

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
What's the psychology behind not wanting shoes when theres no hype and they sit? Unless you a reseller it shouldn't matter.

I see this with a lot of shoes that don't sell out fast. People start second guessing them like they wack because of it. :laff:
Because those people cop shoes because of popularity, not because they actually like them…smh

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
What's the psychology behind not wanting shoes when theres no hype and they sit? Unless you a reseller it shouldn't matter.

I see this with a lot of shoes that don't sell out fast. People start second guessing them like they wack because of it. :laff:
It's not about not wanting them with me. It's if they sit, the chances are better to catch them below retail down the line.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I like those, was surprised they sitting. What they have to do with Nigeria too? I can’t find shyt
As far as I can tell, they haven’t said an exact details about inspiration outside of it paying homage to Nigeria. I got them from Bodega as a few places had them at a discount, although I’m not sure if that was their original intention.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
It's not about not wanting them with me. It's if they sit, the chances are better to catch them below retail down the line.

I mean that's how any head should think. that's how i get doubles and shyt.

They’re below retail on StockX. They can drop even lower.
Nike this week announced a series of executive changes designed to underscore the company's "commitment to product innovation" just as more analysts start to question the company's "stale" product lineup.

Once-coveted Air Jordans and Air Maxes are now sitting on shelves, with some retro Jordans selling below retail on the secondary market.

"Air Max is Becoming Air Min," reads the headline of a report this week from Williams Trading analyst Sam Poser, who downgraded Nike's stock to sell.

On Wednesday, Nike announced a series of executive moves and touted the shuffle as a way to supercharge product development. In the roughly 500-word press release, Nike used the word "innovation" four times.
"There is not enough compelling new product offerings, and the old product has become stale," Poser wrote, pointing to Air Max running shoes and family footwear as examples.

"There is no newness coming out of Nike," said industry analyst and ARCH-USA founder Chris Burns, who recently wrote about "peak Nike."
After two years of heavy retro buying, many consumers also have filled their closets with Jordans, Dunks, and Blazers. They don't need another pair.

In a separate recent research report, Burns noted searches on eBay for "Air Jordan" and "men's sneakers" dropped from 28 million to 18 million between March 2022 and March 2023.

In his report, Poser noted a number of premium Nike sneakers are on sale for less than $100, including the Pegasus, LeBron 9 low, Luka 1, Metcon, Space Hippie, Blazer, some Air Force 1s, and Air Max 90s, 95s, and 270s.

Some recent retro Jordans have sold for less than retail on StockX, Poser noted, including the Jordan 5 Retro SE Craft Light Orewood Brown.

bubble-burst-icegif-1.gif

Lotta shoes brickin’

I just copped the red cdg terminators and canvas ajko blue lows for retail. A lot of shoes from the past 2 years will be deemed as slept on.

Last edited:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

bubble-burst-icegif-1.gif

Lotta shoes brickin’

I just copped the red cdg terminators and canvas ajko blue lows for retail. A lot of shoes from the past 2 years will be deemed as slept on.
Nike is a bozo operation. They're flooding the market with the same fukking shoes, just slight variations in colors. It doesn't take a business whiz to realize people won't/can't buy endless pairs of shoes.

For one, the Kobe market is FIENDING for new drops of all his classic pairs, especially between 4-8. All they've released in the past couple years is two pairs of Gigis with an insanely low production run. :unimpressed:

LeBron is their flagship current player with a lifetime contract and they're doing the bare minimum with his line. I'm not saying all his shoes are bangers, but Nike's been selling his shoes for 20 years and there's barely any retros of LeBrons being released. They're doing a few 1s this year and I know the 4 Graffitis are dropping at the end of the year but there's plenty of stuff to work with.

Nike needs to clean up the colorways of their modern releases too. LeBron, KD, etc. will have 15-20 colorways released with 50-75% being trash, even if the shoes are fire. On top of that, they'll have a bunch of PEs that look great that never see the light of day. A big selling point for the OG Jordans is there were only a handful of colors to choose from and most of them were great. It's the complete opposite now.