Essential BRAD PIFF'S SNEAKER THREAD

origiNel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Jordan really fukked up making the V's $220. shyts are still sitting on the shelves.

Been balling in my Melo 10's for a minute, last time I played ball a couple days ago the zoom bag got exposed and potentially may have popped, fortunately had my Kilroy 9's that are super beat to ball in but I'm gonna miss those Melos, awesome shoes to ball in :sadcam:

Ended up copping the Soldier 10's and KD 9 Mic Drops...may grab some Kyrie 2's as well and my ball sneaks rotation is set.

West Coast Avenger

West Coastin & Smokin
Daps
Reppin
206 Emerald City
Jordan Hype Is Dying and Here's the Evidence | Highsnobiety
Back in February, a few sneaker experts told us that Jordan releases were getting over-saturated, with way too many shoes hitting stores. Last month, Josh Luber, one of the sneakerhead data wizards over at StockX (formerly known as Campless), published an in-depth report arguing that Jordan’s dominance on the resell market may be slipping, as the brand is making it harder for collectors and resellers to make a profit.

For Jordan releases to stay hyped, the brand needs a thriving resell market. It needs resellers lining up on drop day because they know they can flip Jordans for a profit. Josh argues that Jordan is squeezing out professional resellers, as it is producing way too many shoes for some releases and way too little for others. If resellers can no longer make cash from Jordan drops, then that gives other brands — say, adidas — a golden opportunity to generate huge amounts of hype through limited releases (like the NMD, for example).

StockX provides the data for Highsnobiety‘s quarterly sneaker reports, and are absolute experts when it comes to the secondary market for sneakers.

Below we’ve provided a condensed version of Josh’s report, in his own words. Sneakerheads with a hardcore data fetish should head over to StockX to see the piece in full (warning: there’s lots of statistics).

At one point, Nike, including Jordan Brand, accounted for 96% of the resell market.* That number has dropped consistently and considerably since February 2015 — when adidas launched the YEEZY. Since then, adidas has taken share of the resell market with every release. Kanye is this generation’s Jordan. There. I said it.

But this isn’t an analysis of adidas. That will come later. Because despite the rapid resell growth of the Brand with the Three Stripes, adidas is still a distant second to Nike. The majority of the resell dollars spent on any given day are still the latest Retro Jordan drop. But if the trends we’ve seen over the last 16 months continue, that may not be the case for long.

Jordan Brand has had a rough time on the resell circuit lately. In 2015, for the first time in a very, very long time, we saw some Retro Jordans sit, with a few even landing on clearance. So far during 2016 they’ve appeared to pull back from the edge – a few big shoes will make it feel like that – but on the whole the Jordan resell game has continued the decline started in 2015, and may be headed for more clearance racks than we’ve seen since the mid 2000s.

*All data in this article is through April 2016.

And you already know who chimed in...:lolbron:....

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
For Jordan releases to stay hyped, the brand needs a thriving resell market.

I stopped reading after that statement. So just because Jordan Brand/Nike is making the shoes more available for everybody, like people have been complaining for years about, the hype is dead :mjlol:. No it's because these reseller dorks aren't making the money that they were making before off of them.

West Coast Avenger

West Coastin & Smokin
Daps
Reppin
206 Emerald City
I stopped reading after that statement. So just because Jordan Brand/Nike is making the shoes more available for everybody, like people have been complaining for years about, the hype is dead :mjlol:. No it's because these reseller dorks aren't making the money that they were making before off of them.
Exactly....the bruh from stock x is talking out his ass....it's hurting their sales so they go and bytch about it on some "Jordan hype is dying" bullshyt....naw the resell game is just slowing down....

skb1065

SuckaFree
Supporter
Daps
Exactly....the bruh from stock x is talking out his ass....it's hurting their sales so they go and bytch about it on some "Jordan hype is dying" bullshyt....naw the resell game is just slowing down....
Lets see how hyped these jams and bred 1s are gonna be. All these adidas stans will realize Jordan brand is a machine and not a fashion trend

JordanwiththeWiz

you mad..you big mad..I’m happy..leave me alone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The return of Air Jordan 12 “Flu Game” proved to be good news for retailers. According to a report by SportsScanInfo, the retro Jordan sold 100,433 men’s and 22,939 kids’ pairs for a total sum of $22,270,931. Remarkably, this number does not include sales from Nike.com or Nike’s direct-to-consumer stores, which makes the $22 million only a portion of what the “Flu Games” really moved during their May release.

The Air Jordan 12 “Flu Game” honors the moment when Michael Jordan led the Chicago Bulls on the road against the Utah Jazz. This game would go down in basketball and footwear history due to MJ contributing 38 points, seven rebounds, five assists, three steals, and a block all while battling a stomach bug.
Add in the Nike numbers it was like 30 million more than Adidas ever made off Yeezy

I don't think people understand the concept of a shoe sitting when they see a retro sitting in a store they instantly think Jordan didn't make his money. When it's the opposite all them shoes you see in a store already been brought in bunk at a wholesale rate. Nike charging the Eastbay and other companies like 80-90 dollars per pair of flu games, they buy in bunk like 5k of the flu games because their just a online retailer while company like foot locker who is online and store retailer buys like 20k of the flu games and they send like 2 full size runs or more to the smaller cities and stores while sending 10 or more full size runs to the big cites and stores. While keeping some for the online store. With Nike increasing the product over the years their making more money than ever nowadays. Back in the day in my area of Fayetteville we got 4 footlockers in a 50 mile radius of each other and only one would get the retro consistently while 2nd store would them sometimes and the other 2 would rarely get some. Nowadays they all get full size runs regularly while the hoh in the mall get the most. That's counting the amount they make annually to charge people to keep their accounts and they got different tiers of accounts with tier 0 being the most expensive because you get access to the quickstrikes.

Of course the resell market gonna to die nikkas was making 400 dollar instant flips off the concords plus the negative press from mayhem that release made they been increasing supply to deal with the demand ever since

They made a 100k of concords
Then a 250k of gammas
Then 500k of legends
A million of 72-10s
They still sold out over time everybody was happy because they got a pair no mayhem, no reseller trying to buy all the pairs backdoor because they see the jordan resell market is dying and shifting over Adidas with the Yeezy line with bullshyt and fukkery. Where they charging people for fukkinn raffle tickets and buy a unlimited amount of tickets and still not get the shoes. All that backdoor and hype beast shyt where shoes resell at %500 mark up because it's a high demand with low supply keep that fukkery over there with the trend following nikkas who all on that yeezy and adidas bandwagon because their hype beast probably the same nikkas who rocked fitted until somebody said it was lame and then turned around did the samething when dads hat got hyped.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
A coupe things:

I gotta cop me a pair of these zoom soldier 10s to ball in.. shyts are fire :whew:

Reminds me of the Sharkleys

Holy fukking shyt at the 16s dropping on the 5th... Almost choked on my breakfast. 17s, 16s and Indiglo 14s in the same year. :mjcry:

Romey Rome

All Star
Daps
A coupe things:

I gotta cop me a pair of these zoom soldier 10s to ball in.. shyts are fire :whew:

Reminds me of the Sharkleys

Holy fukking shyt at the 16s dropping on the 5th... Almost choked on my breakfast. 17s, 16s and Indiglo 14s in the same year. :mjcry:
Which ones and where did u see this info ?