Bra fitting & Bra sizing

Fun Sized Psycho

Floating on tooth shaped clouds
Supporter
Daps
If there is still some space in my bra cup does that mean I'm wearing the wrong size? Not a lot of space mind you..
It depends.

Is the space on both cups or just one? If just one it could be that one boob is bigger than the other (very common)

Is there space when you're standing up straight? If so, it could be a shape or size issue. Are you making sure all of your breast tissue is in your cup?

Is the space only present when you move, or are sitting slouching? If so, it's because a bra is fabric. It won't move with your body. Regardless if your bra has padding or not.

Fun Sized Psycho

Supporter
Daps
The bra company Third Love has good tips.
It's best to try on because bra sizes like other women's clothing sizes aren't standard across brands.
I know. Bra sizing isn't (100%) standard within a brand.

Brands make bras in different cuts. The U.K. Bras (Cleo, Panache, Freya, Curvy Kate etc) all make different cups for different shapes.
Like I know for me personally, I can't wear most Freya bras, because they're not for my shape, but I don't have issue with most Cleo styles

Woman of god

Banned
Daps
What about strapless for large breasts? If u say the straps shouldn't be doing the most work but without straps it seems like they're on the verge of falling out

Fun Sized Psycho

Supporter
Daps
What about strapless for large breasts? If u say the straps shouldn't be doing the most work but without straps it seems like they're on the verge of falling out
Strapless bras for larger breasts do exist (I know that's not what you were asking, but just so you know)

The main thing with all bras, but especially strapless bras is having a firm band. If you're wearing a band that isn't firm enough, you won't feel supported especially if you don't have straps. (Does that answer your question?) A good strapless will also have some boning on the sides.

Here is a plus size strapless bra
A review:
I wear one of the largest sizes that this bra is available in. I have never had a strapless bra that was really capable of supporting me, but this one is! I wore it for an entire day, and didn't have to worry about needing to fix or adjust it. The band is fairly snug in order to hold everything up, so by the end of the day I was definitely ready to take it off, but it really did its job, and looked great the whole time.

Woman of god

Banned
Daps
Strapless bras for larger breasts do exist (I know that's not what you were asking, but just so you know)

The main thing with all bras, but especially strapless bras is having a firm band. If you're wearing a band that isn't firm enough, you won't feel supported especially if you don't have straps. (Does that answer your question?) A good strapless will also have some boning on the sides.

Here is a plus size strapless bra
A review:
Thanks. So the band should be firm. What about the rubber lining thing across the top (idk what it's called and I can't really see it on the pic u cited) does that serve any functional purpose?

Daps
It depends.

Is the space on both cups or just one? If just one it could be that one boob is bigger than the other (very common)

Is there space when you're standing up straight? If so, it could be a shape or size issue. Are you making sure all of your breast tissue is in your cup?

Is the space only present when you move, or are sitting slouching? If so, it's because a bra is fabric. It won't move with your body. Regardless if your bra has padding or not.

It's both boobs and it's like that when I'm sitting and standing. All my breast tissue is inside the cup:sad:. Most of the space is at the top of the bra if that makes sense.. I feel like I am wearing a bigger cup. Gosh this is so depressing.

Fun Sized Psycho

Supporter
Daps
It's both boobs and it's like that when I'm sitting and standing. All my breast tissue is inside the cup:sad:. Most of the space is at the top of the bra if that makes sense.. I feel like I am wearing a bigger cup. Gosh this is so depressing.
It could be a shape issue (the bra is to open on top), could be a size issue.
Is the bra old? It coould be stretched out