Boyce Watkins: Eminem's great, but is a product of white privilege

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
:lolbron: is this your conspiracy theory?
It's true. Eminem cleared the music that 50 put out while he was under contract with shadt. He sanctioned the disses 50 put out to all them rappers. Including nas. Eminem was a bytch and didn't want it though

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It's true. Eminem cleared the music that 50 put out while he was under contract with shadt. He sanctioned the disses 50 put out to all them rappers. Including nas. Eminem was a bytch and didn't want it though

but seriously though i gotta ssay this again...it amazes me how rappers dont realize all the ammo they have against him...its :snoop: worthy...one of the easiest targets ever

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
but seriously though i gotta ssay this again...it amazes me how rappers dont realize all the ammo they have against him...its :snoop: worthy...one of the easiest targets ever
He's had white america behind him so think pacquiao mayweather. Nas will always be money among black people though But em never took the bait in nas sublininals.

Thankfully emonem didn't want it though because he saw what happened to jay z. What's the king of rap says you're corny it's over for you. Eminem purchased 50 to help legitimize himself among black people but he was still viewed as a lame. I remember seeing that fakkit 2 stepping like 50 cent in his videos with his doo rag on. Sickened me. But again. He didn't want it with nasZ but he let 50 talk for him and didn't say no fif I'm tryin to keep peace we can't put out a nas diss song. What a faggit.

ReallJc

Pro
Daps
Reppin
LDN
It's easier to sell white rappers to white people. EMINEM EVEN SAID IT HIMSELF. He wouldn't have sold nearly as much if he were black.

"Let's do the math, if I was black I would've sold half, I ain't have to graduate from Lincoln high school to know that"- Em

The main reason Eminem sold as many records is because he appealed to a broader group of cacs due to being white. Not because he is the king of Hip Hop.

scarlxrd

Underground
Supporter
Daps
Like what type of various topics? I have no problem with Boyce... and have known about him ever since he wrote that satire about Bush.....

I just laugh at the cats on here who propose that he is some type of voice for the downtrodden, when he's simply trying to cash in on video journalism like everyone else.......
https://www.youtube.com/user/drboycewatkins/videos

Have a look, the guy talks about all types of shyt. He rarely talks about hip-hop on his channel. One of his most popular videos is him going at Lil Wayne for that Emmitt Till line in one of his mixtapes.

I resent the sentiment that because he gets paid for some of the talks he gives his points should somehow be dismissed.

For the most part, the viewers don't have to pay a dime to hear the guy speak. He doesn't put ads in his youtube videos and even if he did, what's the problem with being compensated?

He's not preaching, he's just giving his opinion on topics that affect black culture.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
https://www.youtube.com/user/drboycewatkins/videos

Have a look, the guy talks about all types of shyt. He rarely talks about hip-hop on his channel. One of his most popular videos is him going at Lil Wayne for that Emmitt Till line in one of his mixtapes.

I resent the sentiment that because he gets paid for some of the talks he gives his points should somehow be dismissed.

For the most part, the viewers don't have to pay a dime to hear the guy speak. He doesn't put ads in his youtube videos and even if he did, what's the problem with being compensated?

He's not preaching, he's just giving his opinion on topics that affect black culture.

So you're in your early 20s.......... :rudy:

Listen, I have no issue with Boyce at all...... but all he's doing is parroting pop culture topics\issues with his spin on them........

I don't see any hardcore, substantial conversations about revamping\repairing the mindset of black people....

and that's cool.......... He just gets way too much praise on here as being some type of voice for the people, when he's really in the entertainment business for the most part

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
Is Em more popular b/c he is white? Of course

But ripping on his talent is just downright stupid tbh. Virtually every top emcee of the last 20 years has given very high praise of his skills
it is called ' not biting the hand that feeds you'
you say negative shyt about eminem and you might as well say ' bye bye' to your white fanbase!!!
:francis:it is what it is!!!

havoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Live your own life
I have no shame in saying that Eminem is one of the greatest rapper of all time. Slim Shady still get rotation in my music playlist.