Boxers: Tips on Getting Faster Hands?

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I got home from college and my little brother had bought gloves so I got into it with him. He plays video games all the time so it gave him something active to do, I did all the research to learn about how to train/practice tho.
Sick. Get him a break from the TV. Do you feel like you're doing good just off of the research and practice?

I'm asking because at a bookstore I go to sometimes they'll have like books that were put together but have obviously been copied from another book and they'll be like old school kung fu styles and stuff.

Its cool but crazy because the book will be like 40 bucks and be a bunch of papers bounded by one of them spiral bindings

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Sick. Get him a break from the TV. Do you feel like you're doing good just off of the research and practice?

I'm asking because at a bookstore I go to sometimes they'll have like books that were put together but have obviously been copied from another book and they'll be like old school kung fu styles and stuff.

Its cool but crazy because the book will be like 40 bucks and be a bunch of papers bounded by one of them spiral bindings

Sometimes I wish I could get an expert opinion to make sure technique is on point for the different punches, but we've been able to make a considerable amount of progress by consistent practice with the heavy bag, pad work, sparring, and some shadowboxing

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Some people will say weights some wont :manny:

Throw more punches give yourself a certain # of punches to throw a day.
You and I both know weights will destroy your throwing technique and put a lot of stress on your elbow ligaments.

Depends do you want fast hands for boxing or so you can throw down in a street fight?

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Buy 16oz gloves handwraps and shadowbox with those. Don't go full speed at first. Throw a combo slow until you get your technique down. Throwing a shytty jab 10 times in 15 seconds isn't anything to 4 good jabs in 15 seconds. Focus on technique and your punches will be straight which make your hands appear much faster, because you're going directly to the target. Try to align the lead legs knee with your hip and shoulder as you throw.

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i was doing two minutes of shadowboxing with 1 minute breaks in-between..for 10 minutes

A nikka never realized how outta shape he was:damn:
Yeah, it's sick, don't go full speed sometimes though because you've got to pace yourself before you get sloppy during the later rounds.

Last night I realized a good 1 hour workout system.

It's 20 minutes of jump rope or a run

Then 20 minutes to do my 100 pushups and 100 situps or 200 situps (depending on the day)

Then 10 minutes of shadow boxing, 3 3 minute rounds, maybe 2 or 1 with the resistance band.

And then a 10 minute stretch.

I only came up with it yesterday but it seems like a good workout for someone who isn't trying to get big and is at home. Of course you can swap things. I don't lift so push ups are as good as it gets for me.

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
You dont throw punches while holding dumbbells :huhldup:

you guys trying to fukk dudes arms up. that strain will cause permanent damage. other movements with weights are cool but that jerking motion of punching is not

Slaimon Khan Shah

SLAIMON KHAN SHAH = SHAOLIN MONK/S OF ISLAAM
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Denver, Colorado, United States of America
Shadow box with small weights. Im using 7.5lb weights right now which probably effects power more then speed. I was using 3 pound weights for a while, that probably helps with soeed more. Practice throwing jabs, hooks and uppercuts with both hands, especially your weaker hand. Switch it up and try a southpaw stance. You can also stand with your feet hip length apart and throw as many jabs as fast as you can. And punch upward sometimes too, at an obtuse angle. Throw uppercuts as fast as you can too in the same stance.

Thats alotta different things to do, you can work alotta different muscles by shadowboxing with weights in your hands. These muscles will improve your speed and power, its basically like a plyometric boxing workout.
Thank you.

Columbo

Lieutenant
Daps
Reppin
Homicide Investigations
@Slaimon Khan Shah no problem breh

The resistance bands are better but im still using the 7.5 pound weights, still no problems with my elbows or anything. Just gotta make sure you dont extend your arm to a 180 degree angle, gotta keep it slightly bent to avoid hyper extending it.

Anything more then 7.5 pounds and I still feel that wouldnt be a good idea. I was worried 7.5 pounds would catch up to my elbows, I feel great :ahh:

Slaimon Khan Shah

SLAIMON KHAN SHAH = SHAOLIN MONK/S OF ISLAAM
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Denver, Colorado, United States of America
@Slaimon Khan Shah no problem breh

The resistance bands are better but im still using the 7.5 pound weights, still no problems with my elbows or anything. Just gotta make sure you dont extend your arm to a 180 degree angle, gotta keep it slightly bent to avoid hyper extending it.

Anything more then 7.5 pounds and I still feel that wouldnt be a good idea. I was worried 7.5 pounds would catch up to my elbows, I feel great
@Columbo What do you think about shadow boxing without weights or with 16oz gloves on?

Cake

Banned
Daps
Shadow box as fast as you can while keeping perfect form.