Boxers: Tips on Getting Faster Hands?

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't have a punching bag and I don't have a speed bag. I just have a jump rope. But I would like to get faster hands.

Any tips? Thank you

@Yuzo

Columbo

Lieutenant
Daps
Reppin
Homicide Investigations
Shadow box with small weights. Im using 7.5lb weights right now which probably effects power more then speed. I was using 3 pound weights for a while, that probably helps with soeed more. Practice throwing jabs, hooks and uppercuts with both hands, especially your weaker hand. Switch it up and try a southpaw stance. You can also stand with your feet hip length apart and throw as many jabs as fast as you can. And punch upward sometimes too, at an obtuse angle. Throw uppercuts as fast as you can too in the same stance.

Thats alotta different things to do, you can work alotta different muscles by shadowboxing with weights in your hands. These muscles will improve your speed and power, its basically like a plyometric boxing workout.

Poh SIti Dawn

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was this inspired by that what if you're going to lose the fight thread?:russ:

Not tryna hate, and I could use some training tips too:manny:
I didn't even see that thread :mjlol:

No, I was asking because I want faster hands. In muay Thai I've been told I have fast hands a couple of times, one included "especially for a big man" (I'm 6'4). So I want my hands even faster, on some goku instant transmission stuff.

That's perfect my brother, knowledge is the first step so let's get put on game and and then add the game to our strategy.:blessed:

Poh SIti Dawn

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Shadow box with small weights. Im using 7.5lb weights right now which probably effects power more then speed. I was using 3 pound weights for a while, that probably helps with soeed more. Practice throwing jabs, hooks and uppercuts with both hands, especially your weaker hand. Switch it up and try a southpaw stance. You can also stand with your feet hip length apart and throw as many jabs as fast as you can. And punch upward sometimes too, at an obtuse angle. Throw uppercuts as fast as you can too in the same stance.

Thats alotta different things to do, you can work alotta different muscles by shadowboxing with weights in your hands. These muscles will improve your speed and power, its basically like a plyometric boxing workout.
:ohhh:

Thank you sir. :salute:

Who are some fighters that you see with fast hand speeds?

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I didn't even see that thread :mjlol:

No, I was asking because I want faster hands. In muay Thai I've been told I have fast hands a couple of times, one included "especially for a big man" (I'm 6'4). So I want my hands even faster, on some goku instant transmission stuff.

That's perfect my brother, knowledge is the first step so let's get put on game and and then add the game to our strategy.:blessed:

The boxing thread and YouTube have been good to a breh:lawd:

I'm just working boxing with my little bro tho.
:salute:to doing Muay Thai, shyt looks hard as the fucc

Poh SIti Dawn

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The boxing thread and YouTube have been good to a breh:lawd:

I'm just working boxing with my little bro tho.
:salute:to doing Muay Thai, shyt looks hard as the fucc
I feel you :ehh:

Why boxing though? Did you used to go to a gym?

Man, if you put yourself to it and enjoy it its nothing. I have more of a problem doing things I don't like that are easy than doing things that I do like that are hard.

BTW check this out for shadowboxing, its comparing those resistance bands to free weights. :wow:

Bands might be nice, it seems like it will force you to be very on point

Bands Vs. Free Weights By Jim Stoppani, PhD

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
-5lbs weights each hand, throw some jabs till failure. Take a 2 minute break, do it again.

-Train your back, chest and shoulders, pushups - 50 a day.

-Stand in front of wall, give yourself a time limit on "Start" see how many times you can touch the wall while alternating with each hand. This works out the fast twitch.

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I feel you :ehh:

Why boxing though? Did you used to go to a gym?

Man, if you put yourself to it and enjoy it its nothing. I have more of a problem doing things I don't like that are easy than doing things that I do like that are hard.

BTW check this out for shadowboxing, its comparing those resistance bands to free weights. :wow:

Bands might be nice, it seems like it will force you to be very on point

Bands Vs. Free Weights By Jim Stoppani, PhD

I got home from college and my little brother had bought gloves so I got into it with him. He plays video games all the time so it gave him something active to do, I did all the research to learn about how to train/practice tho.

Poh SIti Dawn

Daps
Reppin
NULL
-5lbs weights each hand, throw some jabs till failure. Take a 2 minute break, do it again.

-Train your back, chest and shoulders, pushups - 50 a day.

-Stand in front of wall, give yourself a time limit on "Start" see how many times you can touch the wall while alternating with each hand. This works out the fast twitch.
All sounds good, but you can't do 50 push ups day. I tried that and found out that the muscles need time to recover so do it every other day. Muscles like abs you can work everyday

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
All sounds good, but you can't do 50 push ups day. I tried that and found out that the muscles need time to recover so do it every other day. Muscles like abs you can work everyday

Do the pushups in the morning, literally a day of rest and you're good for the next day.

Poh SIti Dawn

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do the pushups in the morning, literally a day of rest and you're good for the next day.
That's good and all but I got a routine. 100 push ups 100 sit ups one day, 200 sit ups the next. And I go up by 10 each week.

Funny enough I started out with 20 push ups and 20 sit ups a day. Went up by 5 each week, then I got the tip on alternating between half push ups and half sit ups 1 day and all sit ups the next.