Bout to :eat: fellas. My job just approved working from home!

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
personally i think its overrated. i mean you gotta be real disciplined to work from home. too many distractions at home(wife or g/f, kids, video games, entertainment) .when i come home from work, im happy to see my house. I dont wanna see home all the time .the only way i could see this being a benefit is if the gas was a killer driving back and forth. And if the job was in a state i didnt wanna live in. and the company would let me live wherever i wanted.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yall gotta get that shyt approved? :why:

I don't like working from home anyways.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Been working from home since late 2009. It's dope and you save mad money on gas, but it's not great for your social life, and get's a little boring if you live alone. :to:

Still, got a few interviews coming up for jobs that pay more but wouldn't allow me to do that. If I end up taking another job where I have to drive in everyday, I'll miss this.

Until then tho, praise be to the almighty VPN.

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
Man this is about the best news in a minute for me. I mean I took a higher paying job that's 25 mi each way back in march. My old job was only 5 mi each each way. Anyways yet said we can now work from The crib once a week either tue, wed, or thu, so thats one day a week I don't gotta get up, get dressed or commute. I'm finally :eat: fellas!

Congrats... I work from home probably about 4 days a month.......never get any work done on those days. :lolbron: I just stay near the computer in case my supervisor or manager IM's me about something stupid..

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Yall gotta get that shyt approved? :why:

I don't like working from home anyways.

my company doesn't have a work at home policy. despite them giving everyone in my dept a BB, laptop, and VPN already. yeah its weird. but our director wanted to get an actual policy to put it in effect. which is great, cuz when I interviewed originally, I asked if they worked from home and they told me naw. but he didn't become our boss til 2 months after I was hired cuz thats when he got hired.

and we gotta get shyt approved cuz this spot is beaurocratic as hell since they have 22,000 employees.

as for me, I will easily be able to work, cuz I despise daytime tv and won't even turn it on, and I'll just be having peace and quiet working. no one will be here, and it'll be no different than working in my office except I'll have on sweat pants instead of slacks. and I probably won't take a shower :noah:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
my company doesn't have a work at home policy. despite them giving everyone in my dept a BB, laptop, and VPN already. yeah its weird. but our director wanted to get an actual policy to put it in effect. which is great, cuz when I interviewed originally, I asked if they worked from home and they told me naw. but he didn't become our boss til 2 months after I was hired cuz thats when he got hired.

and we gotta get shyt approved cuz this spot is beaurocratic as hell since they have 22,000 employees.

as for me, I will easily be able to work, cuz I despise daytime tv and won't even turn it on, and I'll just be having peace and quiet working. no one will be here, and it'll be no different than working in my office except I'll have on sweat pants instead of slacks. and I probably won't take a shower :noah:

I see... It's a bigger company so that makes sense. I've been working for small/medium sized companies for a while now so we don't really stick to policies too tuff.

Daps
been working from the crib 5 days a week for a few years now. technically, Im supposed to go in the office 2-3times a week but...fukk it. :yeshrug:
its cool though...save on gas, wake up and literally roll into your office, eat when and how you want. dress how you want...or dont dress at all :ehh: