Bout to dive into divinity original sin 2

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
Man I want to give this shyt a chance but I no longer have the patience for turn based shyt like I did when I was a kid

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Im barely a gamer these days. I find most games boring; however, I played this game last year, and ended up spending hours in it. It’s one of the best games I’ve ever played. If you like hardcore RPG, this is one to try.

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
This game hard as fukk especially if you new to these types of games but damn the amount of freedom that you get with builds is amazing. I play on PC so I had to add the Party Evolved mod that allows me to have a bigger party.

dakidblu

We Out Here!
Daps
Its fire breh trust me. I first got it on console but now pc with the mods way better :wow:

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
best thing I can tell you is this: You can spend 40 hours on the island the game starts you on.
It's like, one of four worldspaces you'll go to. So, unless you're the type to drop 100 hours into an RPG... don't spend 40 hours at Fort Joy.

Unless you want to.

Or unless the chapter boss dribbles your corpse a few times, in which case... probably level up more.

Oh. And the world is not your friend. It will be used against you. Be mindful of all the environmental interaction/elemental intricacies. Because the AI will eventually use them against you, either on purpose or by accident. And the dead last thing you want to do is be stunned when you didn't intend to be.

Oh. Also also. Diversify your damage on your team. Be able to do physical and magical damage, hopefully in equal measures. Some enemies will be more susceptible to one or the other, and nothing worse than running into someone with all the physical armor and no magical almost on a team full of melee attackers. Literally nothing worse. Except when that someone drops oil on your team to slow them, then lights it on fire and your idiot team of melee attackers can't move enough to get out of the fire, nevermind to attack the a$$hole raining fire down.

This didn't happen to me, but I watched it happen to a friend. It was hilarious. He never played again. Don't be like him. If at first, you don't succeed, die, die again. Or, use your brain. Or cheese the game by playing undead and dropping deathfog on things you hate :yeshrug: Do you, cuh. It's an RPG, and Larian is gonna bake Baldur's Gate 3 fukking crazy, because they love letting you do shyt you might not thing is possible/doable but is.

(Steal. Steal everything. Coins. Equipment. Lives. Buy things you don't need, steal your money back and then sell the things you bought to someone else. Thievery is the answer to every available problem and a few unavailable ones.)

But on the real... play some of Fort Joy, learn some stuff, scrap everything and start over with what you've learned. It's better that way. Also, understand that about half of Fort Joy is tutorial. The game doesn't really become the game until your collar's off.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
divinity OS 2 is one of the best RPGs of the past few years. its loaded to the rim with content, the story is solid, the music is amazing, you're given basically limitless tools

but the gameplay? I think its honestly overwhelming for a lot of people. I think its some of the best combat in a turn based game outside of XCom. But at the same time, XCom labels itself like a heavy duty turn based strat game - Divinity doesn't. It slams people if they fukk up their build or want to play too honest. Like if you're not teleporting motheruckers into barrels of cursed oil then making them bleed fire, you're playing the game wrong.

There's a bit of a disconnect from the role playing game elements and the gameplay. But if you acknowledge it early and make a focused build, you'll be okay.

I've put two 60+ hour runs into the game and kinda tapped out on both campaigns after a while. Not because of difficulty but just because its long as fukk game that gets draining.

Definitely recommend it in spite of that though.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Never heard of this game before a few days ago but I just Copped this for the switch. All I’ve heard is great things about this game and it seems to have all the RPG elements I like so it’ll be interesting to try out

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Never heard of this game before a few days ago but I just Copped this for the switch. All I’ve heard is great things about this game and it seems to have all the RPG elements I like so it’ll be interesting to try out
I can’t imagine it running well on the switch. I played on the PS4, and load times were horrible. Still one of my all time favorite games though.