Bout It the movie was huge in 1997 yet as time has passed it doesn't get mentioned when bringing up classic 90's hood movies.

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
The word of mouth on this movie was serious because it was a thing to say you actually saw it in 97 even tho it wasn't in theaters. You could only see it by VHS tape. Looking at it in 2024 it's very Tubi'ish but we didn't care about that in 97. NYC jumped on the No Limit wave because of this movie. ( Off topic, I still feel a type of way with Camron remixing Bout It for the Paid In Full soundtrack. I wasnt feeling Harlem jacking a south sound for such a movie. Cam shoulda linked up with Dame Grease and made something strictly for Harlem instead of doing a cheat code). The word of mouth alone puts this movie in the "classic" category because it was the biggest hood movie in the 90's to do so without being in theaters.

And the soundtrack was fire as well. The 90's was the last era of the hot movie with the hot soundtrack . Mystikal really was letting us know he was gonna be a problem in the future with this. I'd go as far as saying this is an example of a perfect song.

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
Movie was ass

far better hood movies

Phat Beach >>>>>>

Hell,

Blood is thicker than water is a far better movie than Bout It

:patrice:

Neither of the movies you mentioned had the hood hyping them up like Bout It. There was a literal wave when Bout It came out and you really got your troll on to put Phat Beach next to it. :mjlol:

I mean I already admitted the movie was Tubi status but if you were actually around in 97 you cant deny the hype Bout It had in the streets. Phat Beach and Thicker Then Water did not have that same hype.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
:patrice:

Neither of the movies you mentioned had the hood hyping them up like Bout It. There was a literal wave when Bout It came out and you really got your troll on to put Phat Beach next to it. :mjlol:

I mean I already admitted the movie was Tubi status but if you were actually around in 97 you cant deny the hype Bout It had in the streets. Phat Beach and Thicker Then Water did not have that same hype.

I’m just talking shyt, pay me no mind lol

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
Movie was terrible. Goddamn garbage to no end, but for some reason, I loved watching it on vhs. I swear I watched this at least once or twice a week after it was released. We would all watch it in the military. It had some funny parts in it, but I respected it for what it was. It started a lot of these independent rapper films. Run DMC had their film(one of my favorites) with Tougher than Leather, but that didn't make rappers want to get into movies. shyt, from interviews I heard, a lot of guys were turning down roles that would put them on the map (Ice Cube with BITH and Ice T with NJC)

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Hahahhahhahahahahhaahahhaahaa, I actually owned the Phat Beach DVD, that was my f’n joint!! Shorty in that movie was so bad…the chick Steele fat ass kept fantasizing about

You already know! :russ:

Yeah she was

I was just watching that movie a few days ago again; that shyt is classic lmao!